Going for a ride tomorrow in Hampshire Area

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided I need to go for a ride tomorrow to test out my new helmet. I'm gonna leave about 12ish assuming there's no rain. I was thinking about riding through the New Forest towards the Bournemouth region without any particular direction in mind for an hour or two. Then I'd turn on the sat nav and head for home. Any takers?

Give me a ring on 07846659677 if you're at a loss for anything to do tomorrow and are in the area.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn! I thought this was "New Hampshire" until I saw the UK forum! :D

Hope you have a GREAT ride!!

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I am over in West Dorset, I would have ridden over to meet you if i wasn't working.

It's a great day for it, Have Fun.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOOHOO 9.45 am and the all is good with the world..sun is shining and i got a tank full of fuel :rockon:..time to clock up some miles

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I blatted down to Bournemouth about 2ish, which took a couple of hours and the weather and ride was great. The roads were all crap condition and need resurfacing badly though! :( I just set the sat nav to shortest route and avoid motorways etc. When I arrived, I took a couple of pictures and then blatted back home. Loads of bikes out out today. Made me wonder for how many of them this was the first ride of the year. First time I've ridden for a while that wasn't just a commute to work or riding to the shops etc. It's great just riding for the sake of it. Also, it's the first time in 6 months I've been able to wear my leathers instead of the usual waterproof textiles.

My Caberg Justissimo GT helmet is great. It's still bedding in a bit to my head but is more comfy and quiet than my other helmets and much higher quality. I LOVE the internal sun visor - although I'm planning on making it a bit darker. I spent an extra 20 quid to get the Mirage paint style as it was either that or the Titanium gloss (didn't want the others as they either looked crap or were too dark and hard for the cagers to see. I'm gonna stick a bit of reflective rim tape on there around the bottom to make it a bit more visible in the dark.

Quick pic here.

When I got the bike, I had my suspension set to 1 (I weigh about 9.5 stone with a stone of gear) which lowered the seat height a bit - but I lost feedback on turns etc. Before I started back home again, I took the seat off the bike and was adjusting the suspension to 2 and a policecar stopped by me to check if I was okay. We had a brief chat about the nice weather and bikes and then he went off. Really nice. I went past him on the way home too and we waved to each other.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it, I tend to avoid Sunny Sunday blasts, especially early in the riding 'season'. There's too many out of practice power rangers out for the first time since last summer and too many speed traps to cash in on them.

I had a nice run home today from work though, I finish at 14:00 on early shifts and the sun was out so I hit the back roads home, single track for some of it with some wiggly B roads and a brief stint on the A4 making up the rest of it. Turned a 20 min journey into an hour.

Still in the winter jacket here though, it was feckin' freezin' on the way in at 05:30, but the sky was perfectly clear and a nice shade of deep blue just before the sun came up, so it was nice to ride under even if I couldn't feel my fingers :D

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it, I tend to avoid Sunny Sunday blasts, especially early in the riding 'season'. There's too many out of practice power rangers out for the first time since last summer and too many speed traps to cash in on them.

I had a nice run home today from work though, I finish at 14:00 on early shifts and the sun was out so I hit the back roads home, single track for some of it with some wiggly B roads and a brief stint on the A4 making up the rest of it. Turned a 20 min journey into an hour.

Still in the winter jacket here though, it was feckin' freezin' on the way in at 05:30, but the sky was perfectly clear and a nice shade of deep blue just before the sun came up, so it was nice to ride under even if I couldn't feel my fingers :D
I here dat! There were loads of wobbly looking riders out there and loads of people on 09-plate cruisers in jeans and t-shirts.

Although I'm always ATGATT - sometimes I wish I didn't have to and there was some magical protection thing you could get built into bikes like on Demolition Man so I can go lidless and wear a T-Shirt! It feels amazing riding the bike round my drive after a wash or whatever with just a t-shirt and the wind blowing through my hair! Just can't risk it on public roads or at high speeds.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyhkBU1yaw[/nomedia]

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
I've got the Justissimo GT in white and love it! I've run up 7100 miles with it since the end of last August and it's held up well. I just always make sure I hear the clicks as it locks down. The flip mechanism for the sun visor is well placed on the left of the helmet and is so useful!

I had a few fogging issues with the colder\wetter weather around Dec-Feb but this wasn't much of an issue when I wore a balaclava.

I'm eyeing up the Caberg Trip Tova as my next helmet. However, the only thing I'm not keen of is the location of the sun visor mech on the top of the helmet. The other main difference between the Justissimo and the Trip is the bluetooth option on the Justissimo but I won't be using that anyhow.

On the subject of leathers/textiles, I've actually worn my leathers more over the winter than my textiles. I found that with my thermal linings from my textiles in, the leathers blocked out the wind and kept me nice and warm. If it rained I put my rainsuit on.

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Justissimo GT in white and love it! I've run up 7100 miles with it since the end of last August and it's held up well. I just always make sure I hear the clicks as it locks down. The flip mechanism for the sun visor is well placed on the left of the helmet and is so useful!

I had a few fogging issues with the colder\wetter weather around Dec-Feb but this wasn't much of an issue when I wore a balaclava.

I'm eyeing up the Caberg Trip Tova as my next helmet. However, the only thing I'm not keen of is the location of the sun visor mech on the top of the helmet. The other main difference between the Justissimo and the Trip is the bluetooth option on the Justissimo but I won't be using that anyhow.

On the subject of leathers/textiles, I've actually worn my leathers more over the winter than my textiles. I found that with my thermal linings from my textiles in, the leathers blocked out the wind and kept me nice and warm. If it rained I put my rainsuit on.
I love the sun visor. It makes the helmet even more versatile. I've ordered some light window tinting to stick on top of it and make it a little bit darker and also protect it from stone chips etc when I have the visor up.

I've ordered a fog-shield to stick on the visor. I had a pinlock one on my last helmet that was brilliant and never fogged up once. I don't want to drill holes in my shiny new visor so I've ordered an Oxford stickon one for now.

I tried the Caberg Trip first cos it looks sooo much nicer and thought it felt cheap and breakable.