Sub frame mod.

Trinitrotoluene

Reaction score
Visit site
My cousin has a '90 fzr 600 that he put an '02 r6 tail subframe and tail kit on and i just cant help but wonder how or can i even do that to my fz6 i searched some possible subframes and the cbr600 looked practical due to the underseat mount pipe i figure i can do it itll just take alot of time and bracket modification any thought or news of anyone doing this?

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that sounds like quite a project! I'm certainly not able to provide any advice, but would love to see photos of the procedure should you decide to do it.

And, Welcome to the forums! You'll like it here. :thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate ... A lot of the Aussie FZ6 CUP bikes have different style rear ends and some with single exhaust systems ... Do a google and you'll find em :)

Also there's a fella on the SBN forum doing a similar conversion ... he's trying to get an R1 rear end on but I think he is struggling a bit.

Good luck hunting ;)

Trinitrotoluene

Reaction score
Visit site
well i want to end up making it as unrecognizable as posible but that might take some time so i figured id start with the tail and besides honestly i hate the seat config. i get a two seater but split them up so that when you want to put a seat cowl it doesnt look liek a retarded cheap imitation just my personal opinion though.... yeah eventually im going to put the 1100xx clip ons on and i want to fit an r1 full front fascia on it as well so itll look like a real crotch rocket.... i see people do it all the time with the old fzrs so hey why cant we do it with a better version huh?

S

sportrider

Just a question, but if you don't like the way the FZ6 looks why did you buy it???:confused:

Trinitrotoluene

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah it was kinda a gift.... graduation present i was told no crotch rockets so i bought the closest thing to it.... and also i dont liek anything to look stock even if i liek thed they way it looked liek to begin with theres always that way you can putr your personal touch on things that makes them yours....

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not usually a spelling nazi.....but dude....like, the 'e' goes on the end of the word......yes, I am a total jackass:Flip:

On a related note, I can understand the "I want it to look unique/not stock" mentality. It stung quite a bit when one of my co-workers told me that my bike looked like a pokemon.....and I realized they were right:

anime212.jpg

S

sportrider

yeah it was kinda a gift.... graduation present i was told no crotch rockets so i bought the closest thing to it.... and also i dont liek anything to look stock even if i liek thed they way it looked liek to begin with theres always that way you can putr your personal touch on things that makes them yours....
oh I see. there is nothing wrong with customizing your bike. if you do perform this transplant make sure you take a bunch of photos of the step by step progress and post them up!!!:thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
On a related note, I can understand the "I want it to look unique/not stock" mentality. It stung quite a bit when one of my co-workers told me that my bike looked like a pokemon.....and I realized they were right:

anime212.jpg

Say what??? How the heck does an FZ6 look like that thing in the picture??? Perhaps the question that you should be asking your co-worker is why the f*ck he knows so much about Pokemon and why that was the first thing he related to your bike.....:rolleyes:...sounds like someone needs to move out of mommy's basement....

Trinitrotoluene

Reaction score
Visit site
ha ha yeah the first thing i htought of when i saw the front end was that it looked like an owl with those big ol' eyes and yes i realize that my typing sucks when i start typing fast i get dyslexic with the keyboard or forget letters entirely and i never go back to check it and pokemon? im with bone on this one that man needs to re-evaluate his priorities....

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I think modding is a good but expensive hobby :)

And always nice to have something a bit less ordinary ... Unfortunatley I'm not talented or skilled enough to do much else but the usual stuff ..... exhaust ... crash bobbins ... tail tidy etc ;)

I say go for it and post up some pics :Flash: