SBK Qatar

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just watched it too! Yay! for Yamaha....pity the Foxsports telecast in Australia lost the satellite cross on the last lap! :eek:

Cant wait for race 2! I reckon Spies is very good...that's 2 tracks in a row he has won at, after only seeing them for the first time in practise!

:cheer:

Last edited:

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
That suck, ask a 3min refund from the cable company. ;) The 600 was even better 3 Honda's and a lonely 4th Yamaha and in the last lap Crutchlow (Yamaha) came up on the first 3 and in the end after a excellent last lap got 3rd for podium. With that said, Laverty as privateer took the Hanspree Hondas on and after last corner and sprint to the finished took 1st. That was really good racing to watch.

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
Just watched it too! Yay! for Yamaha....pity the Foxsports telecast in Australia lost the satellite cross on the last lap! :eek:

Cant wait for race 2! I reckon Spies is very good...that's 2 tracks in a row he has won at, after only seeing them for the first time in practise!

:cheer:

Yes I was at the Island. Spies is very good. He was very impressive at Moto GP too. Don't have Fox. How did Corser go?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I was at the Island. Spies is very good. He was very impressive at Moto GP too. Don't have Fox. How did Corser go?

well I had to leave home for work before the second race...so I can't tell you how corser went...anyone else know?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Corser was running 4th in race 2 for a while but finished 9th, with Xaus 10th.

I don't reckon it will be too long before the BMW's are up on the podium...from what I saw at PI , they are a seriously organized team, and corser and xaus both know what they are doing!

Gotta say to, aprillia and mad max have surprised me by being so competitive so quickly...but I guess aprillia know how to go racing too!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
aprilia and mad max have surprised me by being so competitive so quickly!

Me too, this is going to be quite a season if the others can just hang onto Spies! BTW "spies" (pronounced with a short last S, unlike the way the commentators pronounce it) is the Afrikaans word for javelin or spear :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Me too, this is going to be quite a season if the others can just hang onto Spies! BTW "spies" (pronounced with a short last S, unlike the way the commentators pronounce it) is the Afrikaans word for javelin or spear :)

I had the pleasure of meeting ben spies at PI, he seemed to be very switched on, and extremely focused...could this guy be the next lawson, Rainey, or schwantz?

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tag these post as a SPOILER please:eek:

I'm still watching the entire race though....

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With that said, Laverty as privateer took the Hanspree Hondas on and after last corner and sprint to the finished took 1st. That was really good racing to watch.

attachment.php

Common the Irish,
Ireland.gif

way hey found an Irish Flag , must change me sig , sorry viking dude no sign of you Flag yet :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I intentionally didn't look at this thread until the broadcast was shown today. What a great pair of races. Ben is ON IT! Three in a row!

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I've been a spoil sport for some - ya, the wait must have been worth it, great race. Why is KTM not there?

In 2 weeks I think the F1 is starting. Good racing calender to come.

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
Actually, with all the rule changes in F1 this year, it might be a bit more interesting to watch than the past few years.

Sorry I've been twice (once at the startline). Its good, but its boring.

Two wheel corner sliding, drifting, like Corser running 16th at PI on the wrong tyres, on two wheels is just :eek: . Now, who won the race? Corser won the crowd.

I never feel the same with the 4 wheelers. Great for the drivers, but the crowd :(

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Its the BEN BONANZA!!!!!!!!! He is really on this year (so far) but it will be good racing all season I suppose!

"Balls" Guys who don't have them, Drift in cars. :D