Tokyo 2007 Preview: Yamaha Tesseract concept

martin_nj

Reaction score
Visit site
Tokyo 2007 Preview: Yamaha Tesseract concept - Autoblog

yamahatess_800x600_d.jpg

And now for something completely different. Yamaha has just announced that it will be bringing a bevy of new motorcycle and scooter models to the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show. One of the more interesting concepts, which we'll roughly refer to as a motorcycle, is the Tesseract. Piaggio has a success on their hands in the form of the MP3, which is capable of leaning into turns despite the third wheel. Yamaha has one-upped that with its Tesseract, though, by adding yet one more whee,l bringing the total count to four. And yet, nobody would confuse this machine with a car!

Again, following Piaggio's lead with its impending hybrid MP3, Yamaha has made this concept a hybrid, boasting both a V-Twin engine of undisclosed size along with an electric motor. Yamaha claims that the machine is about the same width as a standard motorcycle, meaning lane-splitting could feasibly remain an option and parking shouldn't be too difficult. The Tesseract has also been equipped with a mechanism to keep the machine upright when stopped or when parked, once again, like the MP3. As for the styling? It's, uh... different! Imagine a Transformer half transformed and you'll be pretty darn close. And we love it!

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care about figures or the possibility of it remaining on a drawing board; I would buy that.
If only to ride it round town and see the look on peoples faces

W

wrightme43

With th spyder, and the Mp3, the others in the works, this might have a chance.
Anything to get more people looking for us.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
It's nice to see one of the Big 4 get involved in this area with a conceptual mock-up. I think it would be more attractive with some fairing/cowling treatment as it looks a bit rough right now. I came real close to buying one of BRP Spyders but held off to see how the American marketplace will respond to this new category of vehicle. As usual, money talks and if BRP is successful with units pushed through to the end user the big boys will follow.

S

sportrider

that thing would probably rail corners something fierce. I think the only problem would be hanging on!!!