Conti Road Attack 4,000 mile review

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Just wanted to give a shout out and let all know that I'm still VERY happy with these tires. I have 4,000 miles on them now, and they are wearing pretty well.

Rear are about half spent, which is what I'd expect.

Front is wearing a little weird, with a few high-spots and low-spots around some tread ridges about half way between the center and edges. Sorry I don't have pics, but I'm at work and just noticed it.

They ride fine,a nd handle wonderfully. I do notice that they're now plenty wore in, that they will kinda "grab" the edge of a painted line. No worse than any other tire though, and it was around 2000 miles before they started.

Keep in mind this is ALL winter riding on these tires, meaning cold temps and straight-line commuting. Not really any fun twisty rides to speak of.

Check the linkback for my original post

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
...Front is wearing a little weird, with a few high-spots and low-spots around some tread ridges about half way between the center and edges. Sorry I don't have pics, but I'm at work and just noticed it.

Possibly you are talking about tire cupping or scalloping some call it?

This is somewhat normal depending on your pressures, ride behavior and tire life - my BT020's did this too. If I recall I had 1/4 life left on the rear before it appeared on my front.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Possibly you are talking about tire cupping or scalloping some call it?

This is somewhat normal depending on your pressures, ride behavior and tire life - my BT020's did this too. If I recall I had 1/4 life left on the rear before it appeared on my front.

yeah, scallopping. It is just barely noticable. and I'm pretty sure it's because of the way I ride and the tread design.