FZ1N Headlight parts list

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if this has been posted here already but I found the parts list for a full FZ1N headlight on a FZ1 message board: 2007 FZ1-N part numbers - FZ1OA Message Board

Using this parts list and ordering from flatoutmotorcycles.com, the total kit (including the speedo cover) adds up to just under $500 shipped in the US.

Mine is on order, so I thought I'd share in case someone else is looking at doing this conversion.

EDIT: Chris is the parts guy from former-flatout/partshark.com:
Just wanted to let you guys know that flatoutmotorcycles ecommerce has been sold to a company named partshark.com as you guys can figure I'm chris mentioned in this thread. So if you are wanting to go with the naked kit let me know. You can reach me at toll free 877-999-5686 or send me an email at [email protected]
Don't know if the price changed since I ordered mine though...

Last edited:

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
Victor,

Thanks for posting this. I am waiting for a call back from Chris at Flat Out Motorcycles to place the final order. It does not look like anyone has done this on the FZ6 though. The threads are all FZ1. Chris wasn't sure if it would fit and what would be involved. Hopefully it will be similar to the Burlington install.

Post some pics as you do yours and I'll do the same.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
This looks pretty cheap. But 2-3 people have done this on FZ6. Search this forum especially look at streetfighter section. I am tempted to do this if it is like within $400-500 as the link says.

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered. So hopefully it will work. I have someone interested in the stock headlights, mirrors and flashers so that should help ease the pain.

I thought the ones that were done here were with the other kit from Burlington. I'll look through.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't been in contact with Burlington, but I'd be surprised if there was much difference between this part list and their kit.

I think there are few differences between the fz1 and fz6 front end. Mainly the ignition assembly which is not in the center of the forks on the fz6..

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how the black stay that comes with the kit attaches with the front end.. I haven't seen one picture or diagram that clearly shows it.. so I'm not sure it will work on the fz6.. but worse case scenario, getting a pair of generic headlight brackets and modify them to fit the headlight assembly should do the trick.

The best threads I've seen so far on this conversion are the ones by Tom5796 on this forum and on sportbikes.net.. really helpful to assess what it takes to do it.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about $490.

Has anyone seen these threads?

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6-mods/290460-im-naked.html

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6-mods/294771-how-fz6-fz6-n-naked-conversion.html

I am concerned that using the FZ1 parts might not work out too well. I know has anyone seen these exact parts be used on the FZ6?

These guys used the FZ6N headlight I think. Looks like they used a different STAY also.

Here's the original parts list.

57688d1126211090-im-naked-pricelist.jpg

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
Tom used the Burlington kit which is not exactly the same. This parts list came from a FZ1N conversion on the other board. I've printed most of Tom's stuff already and it should be very similar.

I was just wondering if anyone had done it from these parts rather than the more expensive kit from Burlington.

I can't find anything on Matt's conversion.

Well between Victor and I, we should be able to figure it out. I'll start a thread shortly with pics and info.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah we'll work something out. It's just a freaking headlight after all. A couple of bungee cords and some speaker wire and woot... :rockon:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
UPS delivery man came bearing gifts today :) Received the FZ1N headlight, bracket etc from flatout. Man does this thing look good!

Really easy to put together, now I can't wait to have some time to do the electrical and fit it on the bike.

Also, I wanted to mention I got great service from flatoutmotorcycles.com. Their prices are the lowest I could find for any OEM Yamaha parts (they claim to charge only 20% above dealer cost) and they're really fast.. put my order on the 10th, received it today, the 19th. I highly recommend them.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I wanted to mention I got great service from flatoutmotorcycles.com. Their prices are the lowest I could find for any OEM Yamaha parts (they claim to charge only 20% above dealer cost) and they're really fast.. put my order on the 10th, received it today, the 19th. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the info. What was your price including shipping? Did you call Flat Out to order the parts? Who did you speak to and what did you ask for when you ordered (FZ1N conversion kit)?

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
Now I'm jealous. I called Chris and cancelled my order. I picked up the V-Rod headlight which showed up yesterday.

Keep us updated!

Maverick, price was around $490 for the Flat Out Motorcycles parts. Chris was really helpful.