Great Biking Gear Deals in the UK Starting 16th March!!!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
If you have a Lidl near you make sure you get down there on monday. They're having one of their motorcycle gear special offer binges. Click here for details.

A year ago, when they had the bike gear specials I bought the tank bag and bike cover and I'm still using them on a daily basis a year later and I'd buy more.

The last time they had bike specials, I bought a balaclava and although it's good, I don't use it as I find my head gets too hot with anything more than a neck tube. I've also bought the handsfree kit which I have used one with my girlfriend on the back and it worked fine for that. I haven't used it since as she rarely rides with me as apparently it's too scary!

This time I am going to buy a second bike cover and the first aid kit. I would have bought the overboots too but I recently bought some Tech7 ones.

It is definitely worth clicking here and signing up for their newsletter as you get all the special offers sent to you a week or so beforehand. I usually go once every couple of weeks when they have stuff I want. I'm buying some fishing stuff too soon for my next tour.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my mate who is is a member here (puz) currently working in Oz for three years has everything but the helmet..all very good stuff (better than my spada gear)..i will deffinatley have a looksee,at those prices it would be rude not to

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I've said in another thread I've got the kidney belt and the tank bag from the lidl, my wife has a fullfaced helmet from them, all good stuff, the helmet liner is a bit uncomfortable (she says), especially if you spend hours on the bike.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got 2 tank bags, one for me and one for Jannie 2 years ago and they are really good. We have taken them all over europe even on planes as hand luggage.

The cheap intercom set is totally useless so I would avoid that like the plague.

I would be really interested to know how the Twintalker 6800 performs. So if someone gets it before me post a review on here because I can`t find one on the net.

Steve

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would buy the helmet unless it is going to get very light use or you are REALLY on a budget. I've had two cheap helmets before (one of which I didn't actually think was cheap) and regretted it. Waiting on my Caberg to be delivered at the mo (okay, that one is not that expensive but there aren't many flip face options).

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would buy the helmet unless it is going to get very light use or you are REALLY on a budget. I've had two cheap helmets before (one of which I didn't actually think was cheap) and regretted it. Waiting on my Caberg to be delivered at the mo (okay, that one is not that expensive but there aren't many flip face options).

I agree with you here, unfortunately my wife hates riding so I don't feel the need to run out and buy her a new helmet (she's also borrowed a couple of good helmets before now but it's just not her thing).

The Lidl helmet was safety tested by Promotor (Dutch motorbike) magazine and it passed with flying colours, but if I was wearing a helmet for long periods I would definately want one that was comfy.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the tank bag its a brilliant piece of kit, expands to a big size too
+1 on the cheap intercom, utter crap
Im gonna get a first aid kit and some socks lol

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Went for the tank bag, first aid kit and bike cover. Tank bag looks to be brilliant value, sturdy and expandable.

I wanted some more gloves but found the Lidl ones to be too uncomfortable.