Draggin Jeans

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is wow! For starters, I already have a pair of Shift Torque jeans, rode them for a year and great pair of Kevlar lined motorcycle orientated jean wear.

Anyway, the wife wants to do some more 2-up riding with me this season so I wanted to get her a pair of jeans. I looked at a few brands and finally decided on the woman's Skins Draggin jeans. A little pricey, but protection and looks of a real pair of jeans was key. Not to be left out, I looked at a pair of men's Traffic Draggin jeans. Again a little pricey but considering what regular jeans go for and designer jeans, this wasn't too far out and for as often as we wear them, they should last longer than the regular day wear street jeans. They are specifically lined with Dupont Kevlar.

We ordered them, they arrived, we tried them on and the fit, form, and comfort of these jeans clearly shows why they cost so much. I think I'm going to love riding in these jeans and the wife absolutely loves her's.

The jeans are from Australia and not to be mixed up with the USA version. I heard the brothers had a falling out and one went to the states to start his own jean company. Apparently, they are not the same pair of jeans. Go Australian, is all I can say.

Draggin Jeans - Manufacturer of motorcycle jeans and clothing, Kevlar lined jeans, jackets and cargo pants.

We bought ours from a dealer in Calgary, Universal Cycle for all you Canadians out there. We got great service and prompt delivery. I will have to pop in there next time I'm in town.

View attachment 13631 View attachment 13632

P.S. We hired actors to portray us in the above pictures. The wife is actually hotter than that. ;)

5 thumbs up on this product. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are the sizes pretty much the same as your basic levi's?

Jennifer at Universal Cycle I was dealing with said to 1 size up on the jeans as they are pre-shrunk before they stitch in the Kevlar. I wear a 31 waist Levi's and ordered a 32 Traffic. Perfect fit, and length is extra long for riding. :thumbup:

There is a sizing chart on Draggin Jean's website and is pretty accurate.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Slider Jeans

So Today I had the chance to have a proper blast in my new sliders.

I had a 40 mile run on fast roads with plenty of bends.
The jeans are made from construction grade denim and have Kevlar reinforcement on the bum, hips, knees and shin.

They are quite a baggy fit which is not my normal style of jeans wear. I have yet to wash them so I don't know if they will shrink? They are also very blue, again I am used to wearing a slightly faded jean. Over time this will be rectified through washing.

I know a great seamstress in Ireland and will have the legs and waist taken in a couple of inches.
Wearing them whilst riding offers a natural feel and they are very comfortable and allow easy movement over the bike. My main concern is the bagginess, I think that in their current form the legs would slide up over my boot if I had a feet first slide. Wind projection is great and they are also warm the outside temperature today was 18C.

For me the ultimate bonus was that I arrived at my destination and did not need to change. I am very pleased with them and only hope that I don't have to test their durability anytime soon.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Slider Jeans

You live in Reading, UK and it was 18C today???? In March???? :confused:
Thanks mate, well spotted I meant to hit the zero, it was 10C. I am typing in the dark as my little one has just fallen asleep on me.

Nelly

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After a season of riding in these jeans, I thought I would provide an update. These jeans fit comfortably and look so good, it was difficult to go back to the other jeans I have, the Shift Torque jeans. Only when these ones were in the wash, did I put the other ones on.

I can't imagine wearing these in very hot weather. A few times when temps were in the high 20's (°C), my junk was getting a little, hmmm, sweaty. The origin of these jeans is from Australia; don't know how you Ozzies cope with this. There is no ventiliation anywhere sewn into these jeans like the Torque jeans do. For the odd hot day, I put up with them, but if I live in a climate that is hot a majority of the time, I'd be changing something. ;)

I still recommend and rate these a 2 thumbs up!:thumbup::thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2 pair of Draggins, it's all I ever wear. As for the heat, I don't feel it too much, hasn't really bothered me, but that could be adaptation to the weather... It's always bloody hot here. Did 200 Kms yesterday in 35 °C (well, it was 35 by the time we came home), was comfortable all day.

Glad you like them Daryl, I rate them very highly myself.

:rockon:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Several years back I low sided in a pair of Draggin Jeans. I slid on my butt about 20 feet on asphault. wore through the denim, but not the kevlar. Was able to jump right up and start yelling profanities at the twit who had turned left in front of me. She didn't hear me though as may face shield was down on my full face and her windows were up. She then took off. Still wish I had gotten the plate.
Anyway the jeans did their job.:rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2 pairs of Draggin jeans. Hubby has 3 pairs.

They are awesome. Comfortable and, I hope never to find out, good in a fall - from all the reviews I've read.

You're right about the Aussie vs USA Draggin jeans. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wearing my Draggin Jeans - Camo style for the last 3 years. Never tested sliding down the road. Hope never to. Comfort = Great. Even during our 38 degree (celcius) Canberra summers. And in winter, I don't put the thermal leggings on until it gets to about 0 degrees.

My next pair of pants will also be Draggins.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
The OZ version of draggin have far more variety in style, but I don't know if the brits that initially colonized OZ were all dwarfs, but they only come in a maximum 34 inseam. For those of us who's asses are a little farther from the ground than the average person you have to buy the US version to get 36 inseam !!

I have a pair of the US utility jeans (bought from an inmate on ADVrider.com), but they are a little baggy in the leg. Their classic jeans are supposed to be slightly narrower in the leg so maybe I'll try a pair of those (unless Draggin in OZ start making 36 inseam :don'tknow::don'tknow:)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I ordered via the website from Australia.

Everything positive about the jeans I will give a big '+1' to. They are amazing. If I could afford to I would stock up on every pair they carry for men because I ride everywhere I go and it would give me so many options.

They even have dress pants that are kevlar lined.

And the protection is huge. It is quite thick and you know it will hold.

I used to buy textile touring pants till I crashed in them. That was after I crashed in mesh. Neither held up worth a damn. The draggins will.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know where you're looking, but they DEFINITELY come more than 34" inseam.

I looked on their website and I could swear that they said they all came in 34 leg. I tried to check this out, but their website appears to be down :thumbdown:.

do the draggin jeans have armor in the knees?

I think both the US and AU versions of Draggin jeans can have armour fitted in the knees, but it doesn't come as standard. I think that the AU version uses Knox armor and the US version uses SaS-TEC.