Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get a slight watery theme with...Steveindenmark

What do you do for a living?
I am a sail maker

How long have you owned your FZ6?
2 years

What other modes of transport do you have?
2 cycles, a car, roller blades and kayak

If you could have any bike what would it be?
That changes almost every day

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Travel, cycling and kayaking

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
Italy, I love the variety and the weather

How would you best describe yourself?
Reliable

What pets have you got?
None

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
It has not been invented yet

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Religion and politics

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
I would sing

Snow or beach?
Beach

Windows or Mac?
Windows

F1 or MotoGP?
Neither

Which track or album rocks your boat?
Hotel California

What is your favorite film?
The Worlds Fastest Indian

Meat or Veg?
Veg

What is your favorite beverage?
Tea...I am English

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Never let the b&&&&&ds get you down.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Steve.

Italy huh!!! I've seen some shows on cable TV here, the place looks wonderful. Have to put that on my list of "things to do and see".

:)

Italy= good food, good weather, just perfect to do some riding, very few cars because almost everyone has a scooter(insurance for a car is very expensive in Italy), all the cultural things to see and last but not least: the most beautiful women on earth!!!:D

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Clearly you have not meet the family either .... :spank:

Then buying a Ducati as a compensation might be the best option. You then had a beautiful woman for a time and after that you suddenly become even more obsessed by beautiful bikes or cars. That's pure psychology. :)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Then buying a Ducati as a compensation might be the best option. You then had a beautiful woman for a time and after that you suddenly become even more obsessed by beautiful bikes or cars. That's pure psychology. :)

ROFL, - would just love to see you sell that argument to a raving Italian family on the warpath :)

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
steve - your a sail maker.. i had some questions you might be able to help me with. I want to use sail type material for my celing in my basement. was going to put a few floresents behind it to light up the whole thing. any ideas for the type of matrial i would want to use. I dont want a really thin see-through type or the kind they make kites (for kite boarding) out of. any recomendations on a matrial thats not to heavy and would look good.. thanks man :)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the Interview Steve. A Sail Maker....Nice Job. I personally have never heard of anyone with an occupation like that before. Very Different.

You have to keep in mind that Steve is an old man, - back when he had to chose his trade, - sails were the only means for ships to travel the great seas :)

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Clearly you have newer been in contact whit these Italian women mom's ....

took the words from my mouth. most mediteraian women are beautifull for a short time..give em till 40 then they hunch over and shrivvell up.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to keep in mind that Steve is an old man, - back when he had to chose his trade, - sails were the only means for ships to travel the great seas :)

I started on galleys but all that rowing hurt my arms so moved onto galleons. I am not as daft as you look.

We still make the occasional square rigger..and that has nothing to do with people from the deep south either.

I make all sorts of sails now. I found a page from last years Swedish Match racing. I had a hand in making every single sail on the page, including the spinnakers.

Scuttlebutt Photos: Swedish Match 40 makes debut on Swedish Match Tour

It is great to be kayaking when a boat with one of my sails on glides past.
I love my job and where I work but we have lost 17 people in 2 months but I think we are going to be ok from now on.

With regards to a sailcloth for a ceiling. There are hundreds of different materials, thickness and colours and there is a chance we call them something totally different to what you would call them in the states. They also range from cheapish to massively expensive. The best idea is to find a local sail loft and go for a visit.

Steve

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I started on galleys but all that rowing hurt my arms so moved onto galleons. I am not as daft as you look.

We still make the occasional square rigger..and that has nothing to do with people from the deep south either.

I make all sorts of sails now. I found a page from last years Swedish Match racing. I had a hand in making every single sail on the page, including the spinnakers.

Scuttlebutt Photos: Swedish Match 40 makes debut on Swedish Match Tour

It is great to be kayaking when a boat with one of my sails on glides past.
I love my job and where I work but we have lost 17 people in 2 months but I think we are going to be ok from now on.

.......Steve

Those are nice boats, with even nicer sails, I love it when a Spinnaker fills with wind, it's such a great sight. Steve I bet it gives you great job satisfaction :thumbup: The worst thing about having learned sailing in Holland is that I don't even know most of the English terms for sailing :eek: but spinnaker is the same :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the job losses at your work, unfortunately the leisure/sport industry is one of the first to be affected in a financial crisis :(