Gearsack Sports Panniers setup

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought some Gearsack Sports Panniers from a coworker.
I think I got a good deal.
They're made of water resistant material. The inside liner is kinda rubbery. They have a 44 Liter Capacity.
I have some pics that show how I mounted them. They seem pretty secure.

What do you all think about how I mounted them?
One thing I noticed is that they are not centered correctly. That can be easily fixed.
I attached the bottom ocky straps near the passenger footpegs (see pics).
The bags have 3 straps that go over the top of the bike. They loop around and connect using velcro. I was able to fit the seat over the straps.
I think they're far enough away from the exhaust and rear tire.
They seem to have plenty of storage.
The previous owner never used these bags, so they are kinda folded/skwished.

The brand is Australian (coworker lived in Australia for a while). I wonder if any Australian forum members could comment on the Gearsack brand.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! I havent seen a side load soft bag before!

Thanks again. Besure to do a write up on how they work, or a follow up on here so I can include it in the luggage thread.

Thanks!

-bryan

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey mate, looks like you got an awesome deal there... $40 :thumbup: I'd take a guess that they would cost about $150 brand new over here.

Gearsack is a maker of brilliant, top quality sacks and racks here in Oz. I can attest that that are both tough and durable. I had a large top-mount bag on my old bike, and that came off one (ran over a large raised concrete slab at a gas station...long story) on my old bike years ago and skidded along the ground for about 20 meters, picked the bag up and it didn't have a mark on it.

Nice purchase.

:)