Doing a FZ6N Conversion Questions

CatFox

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to convert my 2004 FZ6 to the naked streetfighter.

Has anybody done the complete conversion with the Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse Kit?

I have only done minor modifications on bikes and was wondering how difficult some of the wiring and mounting is. I assume most of it will just be rewiring. Any estimates on how long it takes to do the conversion?

It states that optional parts include bars, and cables, are those required or can the original be used in the conversion? I know I have to get my own mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated!!

CatFox

Reaction score
Visit site
The $1130 is New Zealand dollars and their website has it converted to $859 US dollars. With current conversion rates though, $1130NZ is equivalent to $576US so sent an email to the owner asking what the US rate would be. $600US would be an awesome deal for it! Doubtful it is less then $800 but worth a shot.

I had looked into the Burlington mod and not sure if it would be an easier mod, looks like extra wiring and clamps needed to complete. Overall, both mods seem to be comparable price and I like the idea of having Yamaha stock FZ6N parts.

Any input on time or effort required for either mod would be appreciated, easier to make the choice then!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6N mod would definitely be easier. Pretty simple really as all of the parts are plug and play. The FZ1 kit needs wiring, bracket, bolting, metal cutting and painting (to prevent rust) modifications. That said, I think the FZ1N light is way hotter! :thumbup: Just thinking, perhaps you could also look into the new naked FZ6R headlight. The look is similar to the FZ1N but it may also be plug and play with the FZ6.

CatFox

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I'll look into that headlight too!

Maybe it is just me, but they look pretty similar, just the bracket is a bit different for each. I just love the look of nakeds! First bike to actually do the conversion on, but was sold when I saw that it was easily possible!

Hopefully I can get it all done, thanks for the help!

pimpson81

Reaction score
Visit site
CatFox - did you end up purchasing the FZ6N conversion kit from the New Zealand folks? I'm looking to convert my 2004 FZ6 and I'm curious to hear how it went? Any pics?

CatFox

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to actually get them to respond to me. I have sent 3 emails with no luck, unfortunately.

I will post if anything comes up from them, but haven't started a conversion yet unless there is some other complete kit out there I don't know about possibly.