Harris Hill Track Day, Feb 27 and Mar 02

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Texans the track opens up this weekend! WOOO! HOOO!

This Friday and this coming Monday come join Moira and the crew at Harris Hill Road near San Marcos.

I'll be riding on Monday and it would be great is some of you can some play. The weather looks great, sunny and a high of 72.

Elite Trackdays - Home

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Come on down Sideshow. I've got a white GMC crew cab and I'll be parked on the lower lot.

Yup the Buell is going to the track. I will admit I'm a bit nervous, 146hp a a lot to manage. I signed up for the novice/intermediate group so I can work into it at my pace.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there, I'm not sure what bike I'll bring yet KLR650 Supermoto or my new FZ6 it's only got 280 miles. I would like to see how your 1125 does.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there, I'm not sure what bike I'll bring yet KLR650 Supermoto or my new FZ6 it's only got 280 miles. I would like to see how your 1125 does.

Oh I think the 11 will do fine. The big question is how will I do with the 11??? It is such a different feel from the FZ and I'm still getting used to it. I think by the lunch break I'll have a good feel of her.

I can say already the slipper clutch is amazing. It is a hydraulic, vacuum assist slipper that is a dream. First it has a lighter pull than the mighty FZ clutch ;). But when you chop the throttle there is a vacuum line that begins to separate the clutch plates, then when you down shift the action is very smooth with no tire chirp at all. I think this will be a huge benefit on the track as it is one less thing to think about.

I'm curious to see how the front brake does. As Fred stated in his review there is more lever pull, but I like the level of modulation and feedback better than the FZ. I've heard they can fade and better pads are the answer so I'll just have to see how it goes.

The thing I like about Elite Track Days is the slow ramp up they have to speed. It was a little frustrating at times on the FZ, because I was ready to go faster, but for overall safety it is the way to go. I don't think the track will be that crowed anyway on a Monday, you never know.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:I am so jelaous HELLGATE. Now am into my 9th month of riding, and had near future plans to hit the track my self. But only problem is that, closest tract to me is 3 and half hrs away one way.
But good luck on the track buddy and be safe out there...Enjoy.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here she is, ready to rumble!

I did the first oil change today and stripped the unneeded stuff. There was lots of funk in the oil. The drain plug is actually hallowed out with a large magnet in the hallow. Lots-o-crap in there to clean out.

Stripping the bike took all of 12 bolts and two fuses.

On a side note I think the trick to taking good photos of this bike so the pods don't look huge is to shoot with a telephoto vs a wide angle, just like for a portrait. A wide angle makes a person's nose look bigger than it is, a telephoto flattens the face and distorts less.

View attachment 13364

View attachment 13365

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No track day. I had to take my son to the ER the night before, suspected appendicitis, and we didn't get home until 3:30 am.

The folks at Elite Track Days were kind enough to give me a rain check. I think the next day is March 21st. Oh well, life happens.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No track day. I had to take my son to the ER the night before, suspected appendicitis, and we didn't get home until 3:30 am.

The folks at Elite Track Days were kind enough to give me a rain check. I think the next day is March 21st. Oh well, life happens.
Is your boy OK Pete?
As you say its life. At least Elite have the decency to offer you another day.
nelly

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site

I was looking for a 1125 buell and didnt see it anywhere. So I ask about you and was told what happen, sorry to hear that I hope everything is okay now. It was a perfect day,I rode my KLR650 supermoto.I went out in group 1 but it was too many slow riders so they put me in group 2 . there was a new FZ6R and a old banged up FZ6 in group 1 . Next time I'll bring my new FZ6 it's only got 350 miles on it now and the other one as apehanger handle bars. I'll post some pics later of the KLR in action.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate,

any pics of the day? How did the new FZ6R hold up?
Sorry for the:hijack:

Nelly

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate,

any pics of the day? How did the new FZ6R hold up?
Sorry for the:hijack:

Nelly

I'll have some pics later. The FZ6R is a great looking bike, with a good rider it would be hard to beat on the track. But the guy was going very slow it only had 50 miles on it.

azoomm

I ride like a girl.
Reaction score
www.elitetrackdays.com
I'll have some pics later. The FZ6R is a great looking bike, with a good rider it would be hard to beat on the track. But the guy was going very slow it only had 50 miles on it.

Hey man!! Moira here :D

Pete, hope health reigns. While I have non-refundable everywhere - and will commit to it in most situations, I am human. I understand emergencies happen, and I would rather give you a credit than think you feel you have to make it out to get your money's worth when you shouldn't even be awake [let alone on a motorcycle]. Thank you for communicating with me - that is a HUGE part of it.

Some pictures are up mcoker.com

Oh, and the gentleman with 50-ish miles bought that bike on Friday specifically for the purpose of coming to the track on Monday. FZ6 was his track choice when his regular bikes are BMW's and antique collectibles. He normally does our car events - this was his first event on a motorcycle.

I really appreciate y'all coming out. And, hope to see you out again and again!!