Noobie from PDX, OR - Hello :)

azoton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

Picked up an '04 FZ-6 for a work commuter and am pretty happy with it so far. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of bikes before deciding on this one.

I've found it to be just as comfortable to ride as I'd heard and coming off a summer of riding supermoto the upright positioning is nice (my street bikes have been sportbikes in the past).

The clunky shifting will take some getting used to and with fall here and the colder weather around the corner I'm gonna have to find a better choice than the Dunlop 208's that are on there right now.

Anyway hello!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, I believe there is another member from your area as well, and another one from Vancouver. Try changing your motor oil, might help out that clunking ****ing. There's a couple of good threads on oil too. Great sight for Q's and A's. I can't believe that I'm the only FZ6 rider here in Vegas. Wonder if I'm the last one to buy one this past year?

azoton

Reaction score
Visit site
Try changing your motor oil, might help out that clunking ****ing. There's a couple of good threads on oil too.

Thanks!

It's got fresh oil from the dealer the guy had service it but who knows. I just picked it up the other day - 8200 miles on the OD. The other thing I noticed is, in nuetral, with the clutch out, it sounds kinda rumbly. I had on old 1980 cb750f/ss that acted like that but to no ill effect - nature of the beast kinda thing.

macvicar

Reaction score
Visit site
great to be on board!

Hello

Greetings from the 1000 Islands area (St. Lawrence River)Browns Beach Provincial Park on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have owned my 06 for over a year now and love it, I came from a 67 BSA, then a 82 Honda super sport,so new bike handling has blown me away, my biggest problem is keeping the speed down, and taking the long way home from work, I should just take the long way to work!!!!!!!!!!