Lowering kit for 2007 FZ6?

obi_jer_kenobi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here... just got my FZ6 about 2 months ago.. they were clearing 'em out so I got a good deal. Question... next year I'm probably going to get a new bike so my wife can ride with me... she will inherit my FZ6. She is only about 5' 2" so it is way to tall for her... I'm 5' 8" and and it's about perfect for me. do they make a lowering kit for this.. if so... could somebody send me a link... thank you

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Since no one ever posted a followup, and I too am interested, I sent whaccessories.com an e-mail. Here's exactly what they said:

Yes, the lowering link fits all FZ 6. The part installs to the rear shock.
Your bike will be 25 mm lower (1 inch).
The price is US$175.00 plus shipping US$15.00 which is the shipping from Germany to our office here in Arizona. There are no additional shipping costs within the US.

Woo hoo! Good news for us shorter folk!

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Wow, FINALLY someone makes a lowering link! Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to take the 'lifts' off my boots now....

Last edited:

stina101382

Reaction score
Visit site
Can any one tell me if there are lowering links for an 06? I can only find them for the FZ1 and they're around $40-50 which isn't bad but I have no luck finding any for the FZ6.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The problem with finding a lowering kit for the FZ is the way the rear shock is mounted. This is a solid mount to the swingarm. Bikes like the SV650 have "dog bones" and you can get extended ones that lower the shock, thus lowering the bike overall. I'm curious about how they manage to make one for the FZ6 when the shock has a solid (non-link) mount both top and bottom. Whomever orders, please do post lots of pics! My wife is 5'2" and would love to have an FZ6. Best I can try is shaving the heck out of the seat, replacing the rear shock with the '04 R6 shock (1.25" drop) and then dropping the triples on the forks. This would get it down close to 3" from stock.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Can any one tell me if there are lowering links for an 06? I can only find them for the FZ1 and they're around $40-50 which isn't bad but I have no luck finding any for the FZ6.

Uhm, dude, did you not read the thread at all?? Look up a few posts, I have an e-mail confirmation that the Metisse kit fits ALL FZ6's.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious about how they manage to make one for the FZ6 when the shock has a solid (non-link) mount both top and bottom.

I didn't get the lowering kit yet but inquired about one since I'm short. This is what the folks at Wild Hair Accessories said about their Metisse lowering kit:

"The kit mounts between shock and shock mount, it makes the rear shock longer, pushes the swingarm on one side down and the other side (rear tire) will be closer to the seat.
That is the easiest way to explain it.

Suspension will work without any problems, same as before."

stina101382

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I heard around $2k to lower mine but thats ridiculous.

Anyone have luck actually using the metisse lowering kit? Is it difficult? I hate being 5'-3".

stina101382

Reaction score
Visit site
Uhm, dude, did you not read the thread at all?? Look up a few posts, I have an e-mail confirmation that the Metisse kit fits ALL FZ6's.

First of all I'm not a dude. Second of all the posts talk about a lowering KIT which I am aware of. I was inquiring about lowering LINKS. Maybe you weren't reading. Thanks for nothing.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Before you all start taking your biikes to bits.

I needed to lower my bike a bit because I was on tip toes.

I bought a Yamaha lowered seat and now I am flat footed.

INSTRUCTIONS

Open box
Take off stock seat
Put on new seat.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site

INSTRUCTIONS

Open box
Take off stock seat
Put on new seat.

Hey Steve thanks for the info, does the lowered seat sit comfortably? How does it compare to stock? How much $? I'm 5'9" but it would still be more comfortable having the bike sit about an inch shorter I think, sometimes I sit on myself...

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

INSTRUCTIONS

Open box
Take off stock seat
Put on new seat.

Steve:
Thanks for the tip; I hadn't heard of this product. That is certainly much easier than messing with my rear shock and it won't affect my suspension. I looked around a little and didn't see anything online. Can you post a link to this product? Even if it's a European supplier once I see the manufacturer/part number I can track it down from there.

Thanks!

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
i posted this on another forum and thought everyone may be intrested:

"
I just got an fz6 and I am 5'5" and have begun looking around for a lower seat. I thought about the cutting the foam trick but would like to leave that to a last resort.

After trying to find a place to buy the before mentioned (lowered seat) ZUB-FZ6SI-TZ-BA (that is available from Germany from what I understand) I was referred to a place called Corbin. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

From what I understand they offer a seat that is about an inch lower and is a little narrower. I am not sure if it cost more than the one from Germany.
But it seems easier to obtain and there are a lot of options as far as material and accessories.

They do indicate on the site that they offer some customization so I have emailed them asking for details on how low this seat is and how low it can (comfortably) go.

My other choice is the lowering kit which seems to not affect the bikes handling, this is much cheaper. For me I may require both but I am not sure.

I just thought Id share what I found and see if any one has comments. I think if I gained 1" from the seat and 1" from the suspension it would fit very close to perfect for me.

Thanks in advanced and ride safe.

Alan
"