What a great feeling to ride it again after 3 months

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was always planning on riding through the winter like I did last year, but we got way too much snow and my bike is outside under a cover and a cover of snow. So, was not able to ride for almost three months! Now, I didn't prepare my bike. No winterizing as I was thinking of riding it. So, I took the cover off - it was fairly clean all things considering. There was a touch of rust on the chain. I cleaned it well first and then lubed it. Then tried to start it. Took a couple of tries and partially open throttle, but it fired up and idled well. Then, I checked the tire pressure and it was down about 5 PSI in each tire, so inflated it. I was concerned about the fuel quality without Stabil. I went for an in town ride, no faster than 40mph and lasting about 30 minutes total. It was awesome! No problems with the fuel that I could perceive. I did notice that my GIVI top case rack (FZ351) was missing a bolt! SO, I'll need to buy one. Anyway....forgot how much fun it was to ride...Snow promised tomorrow..bummer