Sidi Boots?

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
I did not want to hijack, shamrockers thread so this is similar, but I have narrowed my search. Choices are all Sidi. I am looking at the B-2, Strada Evo air, and the Streetburners. My questions mostly center around does anyone have these? Is one a better all purpose choice? The pros and cons versus the Tall Boot (B-2 & Strada) and StreetBurner for those who have worn both tall and short protection. I would use these boots for commuting, touring, okay everytime I get on the bike. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Tall boots will have much better ankle support and help prevent your foot from twisting at the ankle in a worse case scenario, which is why you want good gear to begin with.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if this helps, but I have a pair of sidi vertigo pro's and they are awesome. Best boots I have ever worn, comfortable , and they offer superior protection, which I have the unfortuneate displeasure to test.

All exterior parts are replaceable too, in my mind, you can't go wrong with sidi boots.

W

wrightme43

Tall boots are the only way to go.

If you search real hard or just PM DefyInertia he has pictures of where his kickstand went into the meat of his leg, hung out up against the bone for a while, wiggled around and came out. Its not real pretty. The longer boot also puts the forces twisting and trying to tear your leg bones apart into a larger area of bone protecting you better and the shin protection comes up under the kneeshin protectors in your pants. It is just a all around better way to go.

The B2 boots are not totally waterproof, but the do resist it well. They are not ventilated and in 100 degree weather I do wish I had a pair of perf boots, and in 35 and rain I wish I had a pair of waterproof windproof boots.

If you can only have one pair of boots though they do the job well in my opinion.

I dont regret my purchase in any way at all. I would do it again today if I needed boots. Like Held they have my business till they quit making products or I quit buying them.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Sidi Vertigo's and they are worth every penny... I also was recomended thor insoles and I also regret nothing in the purchase.. sure its a bit of cash, but its comfy and very safe..

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on year 2 with the evo-air,and I love them, cool when the heat is on, great comfort, perfect fit,great protection, comfortable to walk in.:thumbup:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of strada evo air and also a pair of Sidi Way Tepor. The strada is my dry and warm boot, the other covers everything else. With it's vents, I wouldn't choose the air if it was my only boot, they do have just strada evo but the b-2 is very similar. Both pair of the Sidis are very comfortable for full-day rides and some walking around and they've worn pretty well over a two year period.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Tall boots:
- better protection
- better ankle support
-bad for walking long distances

Lower boots
-more comfortable
-less protection

I have a pair of sidis and couldn't be happier. I also own a pair of Daytona Shorties for short trips. They are pretty good too.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Sidi B2s and love them. I wear them daily for commuting and keep a pair of sandals under my desk for wearing around the office. However, when I commute to class I don't have any place to keep the boots, so I end up wearing them for 3-4 hours per session. On the weekends I go on long rides 1-4 hours and 100-400 miles. So far I haven't had any issues.

That said, the next set of boots that I get will definitely be vented or perforated or both. My feet get hot and the B2's don't let that heat go too far. In Southern California I don't worry too much about the cold or rain, and can always wear thicker socks if needed.

I checked out Alpinestars and Frank Thomas boots, but really liked the feel, weight, and build quality of the Sidis. I'll stick with the brand as they've served me well.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure this is helpful, but I've owned a few pairs of boots and I LOVE my Sidi OnRoads (a good waterproof boot for commuting or touring).

There's no substitute for tall boots (in terms of protection), and the quality of Sidi's is excellent.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

1st off thanks to those who took the time to respond. I ended going with the Sidi Vertigo's and they appear to be perfect. I say appear as they have about 500 miles to this point. Extremely comfortable including walks through stores and what not. One day I had them on for about 5 hours and they still felt great. Easy on and easy off. quality appears to be solid. They have vents on the outer edge but living in Rochester, I haven't yet need them, so I cant really tell you about warm weather performance. If i had one minor issue it may be size. I am a 9 so it was an 8.5 or 9.5. I went with the latter and with a very thin pair of socks it feels a just a minor bit loose. My solution is to get a pair of inserts for the soles of me feet and see how that works. That being said I would not have wanted to go a size down. These are just a minor bit loose and nothing that would dissuade me from the choice I made. Looks are solid and construction appears to be very solid. They are stiff where they need to be and flexible in the right spots. No issues with shifting or brake work at all, and that was from day one. So to me at least, break in time was not necessary. All in all a solid choice to this point.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

1st off thanks to those who took the time to respond. I ended going with the Sidi Vertigo's and they appear to be perfect. I say appear as they have about 500 miles to this point. Extremely comfortable including walks through stores and what not. One day I had them on for about 5 hours and they still felt great. Easy on and easy off. quality appears to be solid. They have vents on the outer edge but living in Rochester, I haven't yet need them, so I cant really tell you about warm weather performance. If i had one minor issue it may be size. I am a 9 so it was an 8.5 or 9.5. I went with the latter and with a very thin pair of socks it feels a just a minor bit loose. My solution is to get a pair of inserts for the soles of me feet and see how that works. That being said I would not have wanted to go a size down. These are just a minor bit loose and nothing that would dissuade me from the choice I made. Looks are solid and construction appears to be very solid. They are stiff where they need to be and flexible in the right spots. No issues with shifting or brake work at all, and that was from day one. So to me at least, break in time was not necessary. All in all a solid choice to this point.

Ya know why i think Sidi boots are so good, cause they only make boots!

:thumbup: