Not all bikers are good guys...

pml1967

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has taken my car on a business trip today and just phoned me to let me know that some guy on a bike just took my wing mirror off with his shoulder as he road past her in stationary traffic on the motorway.

He must have known he hit it, so would it really have it hurt him too much to stop and give her his details.... now I'm going to be 100 quid out of pocket :(

smiffyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the wing mirror problem. Thought the repair would be ok around £200 being a BMW with the fancy anti glare mirrors. Ouch! was I wrong... £600 and half was a 300 quid excess.

I only bought the car for 6 grand!! so the wing mirror was 10% value of the car.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
The calling card of the angry biker is a car mirror bouncing down the road....ONLY if someone does something REALLY stupid or Dangerous....But I can happily own up if its unintentional

pml1967

Reaction score
Visit site
The calling card of the angry biker is a car mirror bouncing down the road....ONLY if someone does something REALLY stupid or Dangerous....But I can happily own up if its unintentional

I'm guessing as she was stationary at the time she wasn't doing anything stupid. I've spent enough time sat next to her to know she's a pretty good driver anyway... and given I ride a bike she's pretty 'bike aware' for someone who's never been on one!

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't saying she deserved it or anything like that, so sorry if you saw it that way, I'm just referring to the frequency of drivers who DO drive with their heads up their dates and the way we as riders distribute some instant justice....

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Never hit a car or it's wing mirror by accident. I have however knocked a couple off when some stupid b@stard pulls out or pulls over in front of me thereby endangering my life. If they don't look and are prepared to risk my life for their stupidity I'll give them a whack with my carbon knuckles.

pml1967

Reaction score
Visit site
he was gone too quick for her to get it, the police are really only interested here if there is seroius damage to the car or injuries to people

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
If he hit it with his shoulder is your car a Hummer? Or was he on a mini-moto?

Given that most people are stupid, it follows that most bikers (who are also people) are also stupid. Shame, as I like to think that being a biker takes a bit more intelligence than most car drivers have, but I guess the odd cretin still slips through the net into our world.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My guess is it was an accident if he hit it with his shoulder and as for not stopping......hope he gets pox. I hate hit and runs with a passion.

Commiserations to you and your wife.

And to think this idiot is breathing our air.

Cheers
Mike