Buttonwillow Raceway, February 16 2009

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone in California is interested, I'm going to this event on Monday, Feb. 16 with The Track Club:
https://www.thetrackclub.com/products.php?cat=36

These guys run a nice outing with plenty of support. In addition, they are giving 25% off the posted price if you use this discount code on the checkout screen:

trackclub25off

That makes the final cost only $93.75. I know, it's on a Monday, but it's usually less crowded and the riders who do participate are much more mature and focused (read-the squids stay at home!) I'll be there with my R1 and would be willing to help anyone who is new to the trackday scene.

Just a little heads up, hope to see you there!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could make this. I just picked up some Bridgestone Battlax BT-002RS's for $257 shipped that look to have a nice profile. I found an extra rear wheel too and now just need an extra front. Can't wait until after April 15th!

But at least I get to hit Skaggs this weekend :D

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
..I just picked up some Bridgestone Battlax BT-002RS's for $257 shipped that look to have a nice profile..

What a coincidence, I just switched from Michelin Power Race to the BT-002RS for this event, as I was getting a bit weary from cost. I was able to pickup the 002's for $240 from my local supplier, although I want to try the new BT-003 sometime this year. I have talked to a couple of riders who have used these successfully on liter bikes, so I figured I'd try them out now before the weather get's too hot.

I have solid hot tire pressure values for these tires that I got from 4 different Bridgestone distributors, let me know if you need them. I will give you a full feedback report after this event.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in!!! but the March track day, no go for me in Feb :D

Have fun John and think of those of us who will be working on that day :rockon:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Um.....
This didn't happen for me. An unusual occurrence for us in California: a BIG storm rolling through the state. The main highway from Los Angeles heading north was shutdown this morning due to heavy snowfall, and I didn't have any interest in riding around in the rain @ 1/3 speed with cold tires and limited visibility.

Oh well, my next track day is only 19 days from now...