New color

What color for a streetfighter/naked

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been in the process of ordering parts for my new naked/streetfighter. After a while I am going to have to get the parts painted (headlight is black, tank may be a different color, etc) I am contemplating sticking to all cobalt or switching it up to a new color because I have to paint 90% of the plastics anyway. The main colors that come to mind (keep in mind I am a simple/clean kind of guy, no flashy murals dragons, flames, etc) Are a burnt orange, a gold color similar to Aprilia forks/Marchesini wheels, a pearl white (w/blue flake), or stock cobalt. What do you think? And remeber this will be a naked bike so only the headlight surround, tank, front fender, side pods, and tail section will be painted.

fenell903

Reaction score
Visit site
burnt orange. Who eles has one that color? Now that you me brought it up that is a pretty cool color.:rockon:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I like that burnt orange. That is a different look and would look good with the black accents on the bike.

Thanks Mississippi, that is something I forgot to mention......that the rest of the bike is black, not silver, and the silver parts will eventually be powder coated black (new bars, triple, rearsets, etc)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to go black then shoot for gold/black. Gold on rims, levers, screws, pegs, handlebar, wht else? I may decide to go this way.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like brunt orange Doc, as in Schwinn Stingray, 1969 and not the University of Texas brunt orange. If I never see UT Burnt Orange again in my life it will be a very good thing.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I realize this is an FZ1, but I really like the colour scheme, Yamaha MotoGP style...

Tamworth Yamaha's Abarth FZ-1 beater - Motorcycle News

Jan_1_FZ1.jpg

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
If my bike wasn't red,heres what I would do: Black frame and wheels,British racing green on the tank,fairings and fenders,and of course some gold accents,maybe an offset pair of racing stripes in gold on the tank?:thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I say gold, but only because the Triumph 675 is so darn sexy!

Reiobard, that is really close to what I was thinking in the burnt orange, very similar color.......now I have a paint I can tell them to use!

Oh and you guys who think pink is cool.........I would have to have it chromed :thumbup: :rolleyes:

And that Busa looks like pepto bismol.....:shakehead: :eyebrow: