How to beat the Aussie Heat

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One place i definately want to go to is canada, done the states 4 times, but want to come there. This looks like a buzz have you got any video?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,ve been to Canada and I loved it,probably the only place putside of Oz that I would live,I should have hired one of those things,a real one that is ,lol :thumbup:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta come to Canada and get one of these...

Polaris Fusion 900 and 0°C temperuture today. :thumbup:

And whip through WI on your way to Canada! Plenty of those out and about right now!

Although - we are having a heat wave right now - 34 degrees! We even washed the cars outside yesterday! :eek:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was tough to find some snow left after the rain and then the above freezing temperatures earlier in the week, but we did.

Here is a video I shot today just before noon with the temperature hovering around the -4°C mark.

[googlevid]-2550370759979519450[/googlevid]​

Enjoy ;)

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No riding and the Olympics have been on for the past two weeks, I gotta say, it was getting tiresome just lounging in front of the TV for so long and not doing anything. All that snow outside and no where to go..., or maybe it was the bobsled or luge events that gave me the idea.

I decided to go into the back yard and dig out a figure-8 snow track with high banks and a jump over the intersection. Originally I was thinking of running the Polaris on it but decide, "hey, there's 4WD T-MAXX in the basement!"

attachment.php

attachment.php

The temps have been hovering above freezing and the track is about a week old so it was getting soft. This morning though, after I groomed it last night, it was just below freezing and it was perfect. After a tank on it, I decided to video the second tank. Here it is....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMTUAbq0-2c]YouTube - T-MAXX[/ame]

I'm torn, do I want it to keep melting so we have an early start to riding season, or freeze and snow a little longer to get a few more laps around the track? Dang this weather!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Do you have a GoPro camera? It would be cool to mount one on these machines and see POV video! :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta come to Canada and get one of these...

Polaris Fusion 900 and 0°C temperuture today. :thumbup:

Now, you don't seriously think we want to escape this wonderful Aussie heat, do you Daryl?...... :rolleyes:

Might complain about it when it's 40'C+, but I would rather this weather than being snowed in and not being able to ride for months...... :cheer:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now, you don't seriously think we want to escape this wonderful Aussie heat, do you Daryl?...... :rolleyes:

Might complain about it when it's 40'C+, but I would rather this weather than being snowed in and not being able to ride for months...... :cheer:

Ooh Karen, that's so cruel! :spank:

And it's 5 months of no riding. :eek:

Awesome! Do you have a GoPro camera? It would be cool to mount one on these machines and see POV video! :D

k, had me thinking there for a minute, Eric. I have some wireless camera equipment so I decided to try it today. Above freezing temps, the track is degrading quickly, may be the last rip this season....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-apgmyPpR7E]YouTube - T-MAXX Part II[/ame]