NFL players and concussions

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Article on CNN regarding (US) NFL players who have suffered concussions and their long term health issues. It's a good read and if you're borderline about wearing your helmet, I think this will help motivate you:
Dead athletes' brains show damage from concussions

Some of these guys have suffered multiple concussions over a career in the NFL. As bikers I hope none of us are taking this kind of beating but it indicates to me how important it is to protect the ol' nogin from even a single crash, particularly considering how much greater the crash forces could be.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Article on CNN regarding (US) NFL players who have suffered concussions and their long term health issues. It's a good read and if you're borderline about wearing your helmet, I think this will help motivate you:
Dead athletes' brains show damage from concussions

Some of these guys have suffered multiple concussions over a career in the NFL. As bikers I hope none of us are taking this kind of beating but it indicates to me how important it is to protect the ol' nogin from even a single crash, particularly considering how much greater the crash forces could be.
Very interesting, have you got any more info on Stephanie Smith CNN Medical Producer?
I would like to know what her background is?

Nelly

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
It is sad and it is an issue I don't think is raised as much as it should be. You hear about the dangers of boxing all the time but you don't hear about the dangers of repeated blows to the head in football and often with a greater impact.

On the flip side sports is really a good example of a how a free economy can work and can be seen by the huge salaries these players get for the money they bring in. In my opinion as long as the players are getting all the information they need about the risks then it is playing at their own peril.

The sad part is the thousands of players who were never told about the lasting injuries that can result. As the game has progressed so has the level of play and the level of injuries but often that information is not given to the players accurately.

Thanks for the article