Barbers Vintage Meet

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Great museum. I went a couple of wks ago.

Welcome to the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum!

The museum is truly amazing, almost too much to take in for one visit. I went to the vintage festival last year and will be there again 2014! If you love two wheels especially vintage wheels and the beginnings of sport bikes and racing it was inspirational and mind blowing all at once.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Some buds and I are talking about making the trek down from WI to check it out. Not sure if were going to ride bikes down or if were going to take the car.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Great place to visit! Was out there yesterday for the unveiling of a Lotus X which had just been restored. Amazing place, tons of bikes plus the largest Lotus collection in the world. If you make it for one of the major events like Indy, AMA or Vintage Festival they have the basement open and you can walk around and see the stuff down there. During the Vintage Festival they have demos and talks by bike restorers. If you make the Vintage Festival the Friday night dinner - Motorcycles by Moonlight is a great event and they have some amazing folks - it's pricy but a great event.

My plug for the museum.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Great place to visit! Was out there yesterday for the unveiling of a Lotus X which had just been restored. Amazing place, tons of bikes plus the largest Lotus collection in the world. If you make it for one of the major events like Indy, AMA or Vintage Festival they have the basement open and you can walk around and see the stuff down there. During the Vintage Festival they have demos and talks by bike restorers. If you make the Vintage Festival the Friday night dinner - Motorcycles by Moonlight is a great event and they have some amazing folks - it's pricy but a great event.

My plug for the museum.

It sounds like you may have an 'in' there. Were you ever at the old dairy location? I had an opportunity to go through the museum, library, and race shop, and then wonder around the bone yard (where they keep all of the bikes before restoration). I thought all of that was awesome, but the new facility, both the museum and track is motorcycle nirvanna! Definitely a motorcycle destination. :thumbup: to Mr Barber!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Visited the old location several times, a great place. Loved the ice cream freezer with Barber ice cream sandwiches and other goodies - free! Mr. Barber is a great fella, it is not uncommon to see him walking around. Most folks don't recognize him but he is very easy to talk to and love motorcycles and cars.