XB9/12R front

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so after my recent weight reduction mod , I became more serious about changing out my front end, not quite streetfighter since it still has a windscreen, but not stock either. Ever since somebody posted up about Junkdesign's conversion (News) I fell in love with it and have been slowly saving up for it, but at over $700 for just the front end (not counting international shipping) it is looking to be a little pricey. It looks very similar to the Buell XB9/12R front end to me. The windscreen area is a little different. I have posted over on the Buell forums trying to get some measurements/details about it, since I can pick up a new one on ebay for just over a hundred bucks.

So I guess what I'm wondering is how you guys that still have front ends (I've seen a couple with those alien-looking deals) mount them on. Do you just make new brackets/adapters for the fairing stay or do you remove it and mount it some other way?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im pretty sure that you would have to make your own brackets. But i say go for it! It would look awesome.

If you go through with this make a build thread:thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex got in contact with them a while back. The tail piece requires a new subframe which they also sell, along with the taillight and license plate holder. I think it was around 4-500 euros for everything needed before shipping. You would most likely need a gp-style R6 exhaust for it though, since there isn't anywhere for the normal dual can setup.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'll give it a go :rockon: I can get a scuffed up one for cheap then when I get it to work a new one is cheap enough. Looking at the junkdesign one they don't use an inner fairing, so shouldn't be too bad. I will definitely make a build thread.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anything is possible with the right amount of skills and determination. Good luck and post plenty of pictures.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Alrighty, I took the first step and nabbed a slightly scuffed front off ebay (it is slower red though :shakehead: When it comes in I'll take pics and start up the sure to be slow build thread:rockon: