Purchased my first Full Face Helmet

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
After looking all over the internet at different helmets and reviews it was time to try them on for fit first I found out is they all fit different. Not having a big selection here in town the last place I stopped was a small shop not far from home. I tried on a Icon Alliance XL and it fit prefect the owner wanting to make a sell said 100 out the door. Minus 20 bucks for the deal I told him I would be back. Not familiar with that model I went googling the reviews were not bad and the price was great. So the wife advanced me my allowance :thumbup: if you know what I mean and I picked it up. I'll provide more feedback next week after a few commutes.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good buy....and I'm happy to hear you are in a full face helmet! What did you have before?

ps...I'm a Tennessean living in CO.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had an Icon Mainframe that I got new for about that price. I have been loving it for 2 years now. Bit heavy but sits well, for all the Icon bashing on many forums the limited amount of stuff i have from them has been good.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I was using a 3/4 Nitro touring I'm a convert scooter rider. The 3/4 just didn't feel safe any more plus it was very loud at highway speeds. Plus it didn't go well with the FZ ;)

W

wrightme43

Good deal man.

Almost all the impacts are chin and face shield anyway. Glad your protected better.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
Helmet update well after a few rides and a very cold commute today in the very low 20's with a few flurries. The full face is so much different very quite as far as blocking engine and surrounding noises. The face shield only fogged up when I exhaled :rolleyes:I'll give the shaving cream trick tonight and see how it does tomorrow. One thing I did notice is the cheek pads were very tight but I guess this should loosen some after I've gotten it broken in. One big improvement is I look dame good (hides all my gray) :thumbup: