Icon Hooligan Jacket

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody else came across the stereotype that "people who wear Icon gear are just :squid:"

I wear an Icon Hooligan Jacket, like the one at Icon Battlecry Hooligan Jacket Black

Why should some people consider me a :squid:???
I like looking like I should be on a motorcycle. I ride all year long and like having a jacket that is stylish AND will save my butt if I hit the pavement.

I have had my Icon jacket for over a year now and it has seen plenty of weather, rain, harsh sun and high temps as well as freezing temps. Its pretty much a do all jacket, and most of all it keeps me warm in the winter with the optional "zip-in" liner and cool in the summer with the air flowing through the mesh textile fabric.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody else came across the stereotype that \"people who wear Icon gear are just :squid:\"

I wear an Icon Hooligan Jacket, like the one at Icon Battlecry Hooligan Jacket Black

Why should some people consider me a :squid:???
I like looking like I should be on a motorcycle. I ride all year long and like having a jacket that is stylish AND will save my butt if I hit the pavement.

I have had my Icon jacket for over a year now and it has seen plenty of weather, rain, harsh sun and high temps as well as freezing temps. Its pretty much a do all jacket, and most of all it keeps me warm in the winter with the optional \"zip-in\" liner and cool in the summer with the air flowing through the mesh textile fabric.

You damn Hooligan!!!:D

Man I stopped caring what others though a long time ago. As long as you know you're safe then F them. In fact you can throw them the bird as your passing their ass!

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear the icon mil-spec reflective vest when I go out for long rides or in low visibility situations, so I qualify as an Icon :squid: too :rockon: .

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought squids only wear t-shirts, jeans, and Nike's... or this guy.

squid.jpg

he has shoes on.. he aint no :squid:... duh.. :squid: wear sandals

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I dig Icon gear too, I've got some riding pants and jeans by them and they fit really well and look good too. I'd like to pick up a jacket but they are wicked $$$. I dont consider them :squid: gear, but I think they market their stuff to younger aged riders and stunters.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care if people call me a sqid b/c I wear Icon, I was really just wondering if anybody else had picked up on the "stereotype" I plan to buy some pants for the summer from them and I'm constantly looking at their new gear online. I love the styling of Icon.

Mike_Honcho

Reaction score
Visit site
I like Icon's stuff, especially their jackets. The people who hate on their stuff are the same jag-offs that rep alpinestar hats sideways and have never even ridden on a motorcycle.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear the Daytona Stealth also a Mil-spec vest. I to need to find a summer over pant as well the khakis don't provide enough protection :D

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
The reason for seeing a lot of guys who are :squid: wearing Icon is because of the graphics and also because of the pricetag. Me? I prefer A* leather gear because it's thick...and Sidi boots because they're the best/most comfy for me. BUT I've been scheming on the Icon chest/back protector...but might stick with A* for that too LOL

Mike_Honcho

Reaction score
Visit site
What are the opinions of Shift gear and jackets? I like how they look and the plain black on most of the jackets is what I am looking for in a new jacket, but they put these obnoxious "bad ass" graphics on the back. They have two models I like, one has a skull with a rattlesnake going through it and the other has flaming dice or something.

Any thoughts?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
That's where the classification comes from Mike...the graphics..Most of the squids want to be flashy for everyone else instead of safe :)

they "roll those dice" every time they ride in their t-shirt.

Mike_Honcho

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope I am not being misinterpreted because I definitely don't condone douchebags (sorry) riding around in t-shirts and sandals. I just like the way the jackets would look sans embroidered flames, skulls, and other supposed "bad ass" imagery all bikers supposedly look for.