Icon mil spec safety vest

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
All of us that have to ride through the gates of a military installation know the rules about having a brightly colored reflective vest. Well, the Icon Mil Spec Safety Vest does an outstanding job of footing the bill. Here is the long and short of it.

At first I got a Sm-Lrg. That was a dumb idea. I'm 6'2, 210 lbs, I must have been out of my mind. I didn't have any problems with kneedraggers.com getting me the next size. So the whole shopping experience with them was outstanding.

The product itself:

Pros:
- Adjustable fit
- ID holder attached with velcro
- zippered right vest pocket (I use this for my ID, it's easier)
- pouch pocket on the lower back of vest
- Nice and light weight but seems to be sturdy
- HIGHLY VISIBLE

Cons:
- ID holder is a little tight. Hopefully it will loosen up after a while.
- ID holder, can't see front and back of ID, this is required at most gates

Overall:
- Really good buy.
- You will be seen.
- A bit overpriced in my opinion but not too bad.
- All things considered, it looks nicer and cooler than the weak pullover reflective vest.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I got that exact model from Cycle Gear a year ago. Just part of my standard riding gear (not in the military, so I just wear it for fun!). It's worked well for me. I recall it was $55 or something. I've not yet had an instance where a cager didn't see me, and I've been wearing that vest for most of my 18-month riding career. Maybe it has helped, who knows. Certainly doesn't hurt. Helps that I don't give much of a hoot about looking cool.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
At motorcyclesuperstore.com it list for $55

kneedraggers was a little less cause I had puck points (deducted some from their base price of 49.50)

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was right around $50 from Cycle Gear. I'm not military, but I do wear the vest and enjoy the added viability when I'm on longer rides. I also keep a balaclava, ear plugs, and some money in the zipper vest pocket. So far it's held up great and I've had no issues with it.