How to remove left handle on your handlebar

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I got this tip from my dealer, as I'm going to replace my handlebar. He told me to use high pressure air to get the left handle off the handlebar. In other words, blow the air "inside" the handle, in order to let the glue slip. I was told that you might tear up the handle if you're trying to use brute force.

It might have been posted before, but good things can't be repeated too often:thumbup:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Squirt a tiny bit of brake cleaner between the rubber and the bar and push a screwdriver between the two all while twisting on it. Eventually, it'll suddenly release and pop right off. The good thing about brake cleaner is that it evaporates in a few seconds so the grip won't slide around once you reinstall it.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got this tip from my dealer, as I'm going to replace my handlebar. He told me to use high pressure air to get the left handle off the handlebar. In other words, blow the air \\"inside\\" the handle, in order to let the glue slip. I was told that you might tear up the handle if you're trying to use brute force.

It might have been posted before, but good things can't be repeated too often:thumbup:

Did you get a new handlebar then?:)

F

FZSex

flathead screwdriver and windex, work it work it work it and off she goes

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
this is why I always have cheap grips on my bikes....... I use a razor knife. Do you want to race and see who can get thiers off faster? Maybe for pinks?

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! What kind?:)

The FZ1 bar:thumbup:

I figured I wanted that one, as it has the same color as the original. I didn't want a chrome or black handlebar, so I figured that was the best alternative.

To work around the bar-ends, I just have to order a couple of universal ones. I'm sooooo looking forward to warmer weather, sunshine and bare roads:rolleyes:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A thin screwdriver and washing up liquid works as quick as a blade but you still have the grips at the end of it.

Steve

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 bar:thumbup:

I figured I wanted that one, as it has the same color as the original. I didn't want a chrome or black handlebar, so I figured that was the best alternative.

To work around the bar-ends, I just have to order a couple of universal ones. I'm sooooo looking forward to warmer weather, sunshine and bare roads:rolleyes:

my fz1 bars have a threaded insert for the original bar-ends. Wonder why yours dont?