Trapper's Loop, Ogden, Utah

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took Trapper's Loop yesterday and this morning, it's on the other side of the Wasatch Mountains, about twenty minutes from my doorstep. Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny, leaves were at their peak but I didn't bring my camera.

Today I remembered the camera, so it was cold, windy, and threatening rain. Thought I'd share the photos anyway:

_DSC0007.jpg

This is near the entrance to Snowbasin ski area, where the 2002 Olympic downhills were held.

_DSC0008-1.jpg

The red leaves are scrub oak, the yellow aspens. The white trees are dead (grin!)

_DSC0011-2.jpg

Me an' my baby. I need to figure out how to carry a camera tripod on the bike, my helmet made a pretty poor substitute...

_DSC0016.jpg

This little convenience store is a gathering place for bikers in the summer and skiers in the winter, and a great place for an after-ride iced tea (or hot coffee, as was required this morning!)

I beat a path home as the sky kept getting darker, and I don't (yet) have rain gear. The first drops of rain hit my helmet as I was pulling into my driveway, and then it downloaded bigtime. A great morning despite the weather!

strike_force

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics ! Thanx for sharing!

I was suposed to go on a trip today but all hell is braking lose here and there are no ships coming or leaving the island :(

Now I have to wait until November !!!

p.s. don't worry about the tripod the picture looks very artistic :)

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
looking forward to making some turns with you Botch in March ---
the 1st - 8th

On skis that is.... we will be there skiing the 2nd 3rd 4th 6th & 7th

Powder Mt and Snowbasin are on the docket:rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looking forward to making some turns with you Botch in March ---
the 1st - 8th

On skis that is.... we will be there skiing the 2nd 3rd 4th 6th & 7th

Powder Mt and Snowbasin are on the docket:rockon:
Got my calendar marked! :thumbup:

kerpal

Reaction score
Visit site
I took Trapper's Loop yesterday and this morning, it's on the other side of the Wasatch Mountains, about twenty minutes from my doorstep. Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny, leaves were at their peak but I didn't bring my camera.

Today I remembered the camera, so it was cold, windy, and threatening rain. Thought I'd share the photos anyway:

_DSC0007.jpg

This is near the entrance to Snowbasin ski area, where the 2002 Olympic downhills were held.

_DSC0008-1.jpg

The red leaves are scrub oak, the yellow aspens. The white trees are dead (grin!)

_DSC0011-2.jpg

Me an' my baby. I need to figure out how to carry a camera tripod on the bike, my helmet made a pretty poor substitute...

_DSC0016.jpg

This little convenience store is a gathering place for bikers in the summer and skiers in the winter, and a great place for an after-ride iced tea (or hot coffee, as was required this morning!)

I beat a path home as the sky kept getting darker, and I don't (yet) have rain gear. The first drops of rain hit my helmet as I was pulling into my driveway, and then it downloaded bigtime. A great morning despite the weather!

I liek the view there mayt... want to go up there sometimes

B

Bo67

Re: Wasatch

Looks like a great ride Botch, kinda like thr "Lowman Loop" we have from Boise to Lowman, ID. We'll have to get together in the spring sometime and take that ride.

-Bo

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great ride Botch, kinda like thr "Lowman Loop" we have from Boise to Lowman, ID. We'll have to get together in the spring sometime and take that ride.

-Bo
You're on, I've been wanting to take a longer tour ride, even though What's-her-name isn't too happy about me leaving her for a whole weekend. :thumbup:

B

Bo67

What a coincidence, I have a "what's her name" too. ;)

She, I believe affectionately, calls me "hey you" and a few other choice names that would just be blanked out if I posted them!

-Bo

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
I got that way often, but unfortunately not on my FZ. I work on a house up near Huntsville and we drive it in the company truck all the time. I see bikes on Trappers pass and always think how fun that road would be to take on the bike. Maybe one of these days I will take it up there. We always find it funny that the people at that gas station are so stingy with their ketchup and salsa packets. You have to ask them for it. Kind of strange, but a cool little place to stop. Maybe I can join you in the spring.

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
As I think about it, I think I saw your bike sitting at that gas station one afternoon. It might not have been this trip that these pics are from but a month or so ago. I remember seeing a Blue FZ6 sitting there and wanting to stop and asking you if you liked your taller windsheild. Guess I should have. :D

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice photos. Trappers is nice this time of year. We should take a ride up Rt.35 to Hanna. It's become my all-time favorite. I went this Saturday and was blown away. Check the Utah rides thread....
Oh, and in case you haven't heard, the weather's supposed to turn to sheet tomorrow.

Yeah, close to 90 today, snow tomorrow. Utah......