Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Several users have mentioned owning one of these and I asked for one for Christmas. I finally used it this morning to add air to my tires and here is my review:

-Size in carrying case: 2.6 x 6.6 x 6.8 inches it is smaller without the carrying case
-Comes with: small tire gage, compressor, air hose with lock down, multiple power sources: cig lighter, battery alligator clips, or battery harness

I already had a battery harness for my battery tender so I simply plugged into that.
I would say on average it will inflate about 5psi every minute on the FZ6 tires.
The power cord was plenty long to reach the tires.

The only negatives were:
1) You had to remove the air hose to take the tire pressure
2) The air hose creates a tight seal... can be difficult to remove.
3) The nut/bolt combo where the air hose attaches will got hot. This was clearly labeled and specific on the hose. I didn't wait to see how long it would take to cool back down.

Overall:
I love it! Usually I get my gas in the morning on my commute and I don't want to have to stop and get air then. Plus half the time you go to get air and the compressor is broken so you get to drive from station to station. Its small and light enough (1.8lbs) that you can always carry it with you. It can easily be powered by the bike with the harness option.

I ran mine with the bike on and rode it afterwards. I do not know what type of draint his will put on your battery.

Would recommend for anyone who wants a portable air compressor to add a few psi here and there or for emergency use on trips.

Would NOT recommend this for someone who expects to get any kind of heavy use out of this unit.

Amazon currently has it listed for 29.99

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a large compressor in the garage but that would be perfect for emergency use when on the road. I'll put that on my want list. :thumbup:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like just the thing for Sport Touring! Do you have a photo of it?
Is Slime the name brand? (could have called it crud I guess)