Cheap luggage

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Hi there, I've not posted yet so hi everyone! I've Had the FZ6 S2 since I passed my test at the end of Aug 08.

Anyhow, I'm really tempted by that luggage set - do you need to fit the soft luggage frame (T351) along with the 351 kit in order to fit the panniers?

Cheers,

Clark

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, I've not posted yet so hi everyone! I've Had the FZ6 S2 since I passed my test at the end of Aug 08.

Anyhow, I'm really tempted by that luggage set - do you need to fit the soft luggage frame (T351) along with the 351 kit in order to fit the panniers?

Cheers,

Clark

Is that the Givi thing, then I would say no. But they might help, have to see when it arrives.

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Is that the Givi thing, then I would say no. But they might help, have to see when it arrives.

Yep, the Givi soft luggage rack. I'd like to go for hard luggage but it looks like it'll cost around £350-£400 to get panniers and top box. My only concern with soft luggage is whether it sags against the exhuast cover or not.

Keep us posted!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the RDM panners are exactly the same as the Buffalo panniers - which I have. I was looking at them in my local infinity shop a while ago and went for the buffalo ones in the end as they were the same price and matched my trousers! :) They've been good to me but I've only used them for a week long tour and a couple of occasions where I needed to carry loads of stuff. They were £30 new. I'm going to get the tailpack though. I've got an Infinity down the road from me, so I'm going to pop in tonight after work in the hope that they have them instore at that price.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My stuff just arrived as I walked in the door, usually stuff arrives just after I leave. :rolleyes:

They seem OK, they are not up to Oxford standard but for the money I am quite pleased. They were a little wrinkled, probably been in a big pile for some time, so they are just stretching in the garage before I do a trial fit tomorrow.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers,

Clark

No you should not need a rack for those. They are "throw-over panniers". They strap underneath and over the seat and are tied down to your passenger footpegs or somewhere near that. They will work on pretty much any bike with a seat the comes up too.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Mine came today

My luggage came today, which is brilliant timing as I have a 55 mile trip to do tomorrow.
I think you get what you pay for, they are not oxford quality having said that the zip is not as stressed as the Oxford Hypo which I am replacing and it is a better shape.

Panier's fit really nicely, there is some rubbing on the side pods, I have used my old Oxford blanket to rectify this. It is possible to get all the straps under the seat. I would advise against that though as when removed my old luggage had caused my seat to bow slightly. After I got off it would spring up and trigger my alarm. Its taken me weeks to figure what the false trigger was all about.
The tail pack is excellent and will hold all I need for an over niter and two day course.
The tank bag is very budget but for a short blast it will hold your phone, wallet, tyre repair, glasses etc.
All of the luggage comes with shoulder straps and robust rain covers.

I am very pleased with it. Nice spot Grommit.

Lookwhatcametoday025.jpg

Lookwhatcametoday024.jpg

Nelly

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Sup peeps. I bought the tail pack today. Already got Buffalo panniers and a Lidl tank bag (buy one if you see it - they're brilliant for £15). It's pretty massive compared to what I imagined but for £15 and my occasional use it's fine.I would have loved to have this beauty but it was too much! :(

For those of you who are lucky enough to have an Infinity near you (like me 1 mile down the road) the prices in store are the same as the web so you can save yourself some postage.

Another great deal on at Infinity at the moment is the RDM H Belt. which is only a tenner. It looks very similar to the Oxford one but at a third of the price. :) I've got one now.

On a really random note: I met ClarkFZ6 outside and we fiddled around fitting the panniers to his bike! :) So random. That's the second FZ6 member I met . The other one actually works at the same place as me! He's got a really nice orange FZ6N and we randomly met at the traffic lights on the commute in.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Neil.:thumbup:

How have you got the tank pad to stay on with the Baglux Tank cover on your bike?

M
The magnets are doing a great job, I only got the tank bag as it was in the offer. There is a headstock clasp to.
It stays where I have put it up to motorway speeds.
I have not exceeded the limit yet officer.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Neil.:thumbup:

How have you got the tank pad to stay on with the Baglux Tank cover on your bike?

M
The magnets are doing a great job, I only got the tank bag as it was in the offer. There is a headstock clasp to.
It stays where I have put it up to motorway speeds.
I have not exceeded the limit yet officer.

Nelly