TCP seat cowling

TCP seat cowling

• Total voters

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
ive seen pics but its always better to see what it looks like in person. now my question is it worth spending $275.00 on the tcp seat cowling? dose it make the bike look that much better?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I do like them a lot, I don't think they should cost THAT much, plus I always use my tail bag and it would hide a nice looking mod! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not any more silly that buying a chin fairing. Buy it!

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:weird that I see this poll now. I was just thinking about this today. I was thinking "you know that seat cowl was a lot of money... but damn it makes the bike"

the fit and finish is good. color matches perfectly. yamaha logo. if there are any downsides at all... you have to carry a 4mm hex wrench with you in order to remove the cowl to take the seat off. only downside really i guess

i mean the thing is just a piece of colored and shaped plastic... if you look at it that way it doesn't have a lot of value but... I couldn't have made it so it was worth it to me. if you think spending $300 on your bike is worth it to make it look better then the tcp seat cowl is for you. i was skeptical based upon photos i've seen but it actually looks better in person imo. :rockon:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, It was expensive, but I think it looks awesome. :thumbup:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. Then one day my girlfriend cought me stairing at the TCP webpage and she bought it for christmas :thumbup: Now if i could just redeploy home then dig the bike out of the snow i would put it on

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it, i want one to finish off my bike..but do you think i can get one in Australia....NO!

I think the quality, and look of the TCP seat cowl, is by far the best of all the seat cowls out there for the FZ6.

Enjoy.

:thumbup:

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it, i want one to finish off my bike..but do you think i can get one in Australia....NO!

I think the quality, and look of the TCP seat cowl, is by far the best of all the seat cowls out there for the FZ6.

Enjoy.

Don't feal bad, we can't get that sexy naked orange FZ6 in the U.S.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Enjoy.

I would have sold you mine for cheap!

I ended up buying one for $206 SHIPPED.... got it, went to install it and it was crrrraaazzyy snug... like putting way more pressure on my seat than i wanted to.. dont think it would have done any damage to the seat, but it wasnt something i wanted to take on and off when the wife wanted to go for a ride... i was kinda scared it would end up breaking one time... so i called the company up, told them it didnt fit at all, snapped a few pics that made it look obvious that it didnt fit... and got them to take it back..

Personally, i didnt think it looked very good on the bike anyway, and i was a little disappointed that the seat rests were hard plastic, in the pics they look like they are like an actual cushion...

DSC05060.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have sold you mine for cheap!

I ended up buying one for $206 SHIPPED.... got it, went to install it and it was crrrraaazzyy snug... like putting way more pressure on my seat than i wanted to.. dont think it would have done any damage to the seat, but it wasnt something i wanted to take on and off when the wife wanted to go for a ride... i was kinda scared it would end up breaking one time... so i called the company up, told them it didnt fit at all, snapped a few pics that made it look obvious that it didnt fit... and got them to take it back..

Personally, i didnt think it looked very good on the bike anyway, and i was a little disappointed that the seat rests were hard plastic, in the pics they look like they are like an actual cushion...

DSC05060.jpg

That looks awesome....i would of bought it in a nano-second! have been keeping a close eye out for one for sale in here for a while...

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up buying one for $206 SHIPPED.... got it, went to install it and it was crrrraaazzyy snug... like putting way more pressure on my seat than i wanted to..

you know I find that there's a really small sweet spot that you have to place the seat cowl in when putting it on. once you get it in that one spot you slide it back and it goes on fine. Otherwise it feels like something is going to break. :-/

I'm really happy with it though

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
those seat rests are plastics??..i think can add some cushion into it....have seen sportsbike use those neck rest that the cars are using on their one seaters....

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those seat rests are plastics??..i think can add some cushion into it....have seen sportsbike use those neck rest that the cars are using on their one seaters....

yeah, actually, i dont know what i would call it.. its like a solid block of something.. but its not soft.. ill tell you that.. they could double for frame sliders if mounted correctly :thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree I think the cowling is way over-priced, but it looks damn good, totally changes the dynamic of the bike. Luckily I have a GF who was more than generous enough to buy me one for my Bday. Now if I could just find a cheap RED chin fairing.