Full Gear For Cheap!!!

S

sportrider

I finally broke down and bought full gear a 1 piece leather/textile race suit and boots total cost delievered was $230.00 here are some pics. I'll let you know the over all quality when I receive them.:thumbup:

let me know what you think.

S

sportrider

I received the gear!!!

the suit
I got the gear today in the mail, the first thing I will say is I'm glad I got a size 48 instead of a 46 they run a little small so I'd recommend going a size larger than your chest measurement I measured myself at 44" chest and the size 48 suit is a good fit.
the seam quality looks good the stitching is all double stitched. the leather portions of the suit are perforated for ventilation. the textile is comparable to Fieldsheer street-pants or comparable. overall I am really impressed with the product for the price!!! for $135.00 there is no reason everyone on the forum isn't wearing full gear!!!
the boots
I've never owned street boots before, my first impression is how flexible they are. the boots I've owned have always been Motocross boots. the size is correct. I got size 11 they fit. they have toe sliders that appear to be adjustable. they zip up with a Velcro flap for closure. I still find them a value for $69.99
once I log a few miles in them and break them in a little I'll report on them some more. but as of right now I can't see how you could go wrong.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh no SportRider, does this mean you're gonna hook up some nitrous and try to hit 170MPH???? :) Nice write up, man! Now all you need is some full-G gloves.

FWIW, I'm not sure a suit like that would pass tech inspection at a track day but it's hard to really see over the internet. Not everyone gives a crap about that, but it speaks to the protective abilities of the suit.

STG has race quality 1 pc suites starting at $400.

Hein Gericke Celtic 1 piece suits available from Sportbiketrackgear.com 888-784-4327

I bought an ugly green one becuase it was the cheapest! I can't even tell I have the thing on and from what I hear, they crash like tanks.

You can also get highquality name brand 2pc suits in the $350 range.
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Off topic but what about the 109$ scorpion exo700 helmets on that site as well. That is a smoking hot deal.

S

sportrider

I rode with the suit last weekend. I really like it. air flow is noticeable through the perforations in the leather. I actually feel like I can move on the bike easier!!! and with the boots on comparing them to the work boots I've been wearing I find shifting a bit easier also. and no more jacket riding up!!!!

the only short coming is there are no pockets so you need to have a bag to put your license and such in, or stick it beside your tool kit.

but for the shopper on a budget I would highly recommend this purchase as of now!!!

DefyInertia said:
FWIW, I'm not sure a suit like that would pass tech inspection at a track day.
I was wondering that myself. at the track is it leather only or does it just have to have CE approved armor?

full gauntlet gloves are next on my list!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Perforated leather is great...you don't realize how cool it is until you try it.

So, do you have any Polomar action shots of you wearing the suit?

I was wondering that myself. at the track is it leather only or does it just have to have CE approved armor?

Different orgs/tracks have different requirements for different levels. In other words, it depends.

The material, fit, armor, and over quality all go into the evaluation. You could/should get this checked out prior to dropping cash on a track day. Full-G gloves are always required from what I understand and there can be back-protector requirements as well.
________
Ava.Doll cam

Last edited: