Perforated leather?

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new jacket and am considering the icon accelerant perforated jacket. I've heard good a perforated jacket is great in the hotter weather from a few friends, but am curious if it will hold up as well in a slide.The jacket is also textile on the inner sides of the sleeves and jacket sides.

Anybody have any thoughts?

The jacket I'm considering is below:
Ride Icon

W

wrightme43

I have crash tested perforated leather. It holds up well as long it is quality leather.

Ok now for my experince with Icon gear. Everything I have bought from them ended up sitting unused and being replaced. Boots, pants, and gloves. It seems to me they spend more on advertising than the gear. Just my opinions though for what they are worth.

I really really like my Fieldsheer perforated leather jacket and pants. Less expensive and good quality.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
Icon is about style over function.

I have a Teknic Violator perforated leather jacket, and it has been awesome. In rides along the CA coast, the weather can go from mid-fifties to mid-nineties in a day ride, and the jacket works for all of it, with the liner stashed in my hard bag. Armor and stitching are excellent. IMO, Teknic has some underrated gear. The jacket wasn't cheap, but it's given me two years of riding and is as good as new (if a little dirtier).

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I have crash tested perforated leather. It holds up well as long it is quality leather.

Ok now for my experince with Icon gear. Everything I have bought from them ended up sitting unused and being replaced. Boots, pants, and gloves. It seems to me they spend more on advertising than the gear. Just my opinions though for what they are worth.

I really really like my Fieldsheer perforated leather jacket and pants. Less expensive and good quality.

I also have a couple pieces of fieldsheer gear A leather jacket and a textile cold weather jacket I really like them I tested the textile jacket and it held up very well plus 1 on fieldsheer for shure

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
You might want to take a look at the Scorpion Stinger jacket along with the others mentioned. I'm planning on getting the phantom (non-graphics version) in a month or two when it starts to warm up.

Link to some pictures:
Viewing Images For Scorpion Stinger Leather Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

Video reviews:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5SZ1EjfpGM&fmt=18"]YouTube - Scorpion EXO-Wear Stinger jacket review[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2qPkzMdf8&fmt=18"]YouTube - '09 Scorpion Phantom Stinger Jacket[/ame]

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My A* jacket has perforated leather but only in certain spots. It's comfortable in the summer as long as you're moving. During the winter/at night it's a bit cold without the thermal layer.

Didn't get a single scratch in my wreck.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can spend a bit more for high quality jacket like Dainese, Alpinestar or even Spidi without breaking your bank.
For leather I would say $200-300 you ll have a great jacket with liner as well, you ll be thankfull when come to winter n windy time....
Alpinestar have lots of clearence even older model, as long fit you right and good then you ll be fine.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My A* jacket has perforated leather but only in certain spots. It's comfortable in the summer as long as you're moving. During the winter/at night it's a bit cold without the thermal layer.

Didn't get a single scratch in my wreck.

Ditto, have pretty much had exactly the same result after a crash....Perforated leather in the hot summer sun is a godsend.

:thumbup:

Mike_Honcho

Reaction score
Visit site
If you read buyer reviews of Icon stuff they say all of the models sit a little bit different and a little unusual. Sometimes their sleeves are too long, on other models the torso is too tight or too short.

I like their stuff too but look out for what other buys have noticed or try to wear one first to make sure it will fit right.

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

In the end I found an A* NYC jacket:
NYC Jacket - Alpinestars Official Store

The more I looked at Icon stuff, the more I would have to agree with the above comments.

One thing is for sure, having a jacket that fits feels way better than one a few sizes to large.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

In the end I found an A* NYC jacket:
NYC Jacket - Alpinestars Official Store

The more I looked at Icon stuff, the more I would have to agree with the above comments.

One thing is for sure, having a jacket that fits feels way better than one a few sizes to large.
A* stuff runs REALLY small for its sizes. Make sure you measure your torso and belly and compare it to the size listings.