FZ6 BOTM Calendar for 2010 (Planning)

Would you buy one of these calendars?

• Total voters

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, regarding the calendar, for those of you that have won the BOTM contest, can you please e-mail me the original pics in their best resolution? The higher, the better!

*EDIT* Dennis will be taking care of this using the pics from the galleries so please be sure you upload your highest quality photos for each month. They will be available through the Forum Swag Store in early December.

We can do the over-sized wall calendar (11x17) which would be 3500 wide x 2300 tall pixels at 200 dpi. The cost is $18.99 US

We can do the over-sized wall calendar (8.5x11) which would be 2300 wide x 1800 tall pixels at 200 dpi. The cost is $14.99 US

How much more $$ should we add to the cost for either a charity (on behalf of the forum and its members {suggested by Wolfman}) or for the costs of running the forum for Dennis?

We need to determine a cool cover page depicting the forum as well.

Here is what Cafe Press says about the 8.5 x 11 calendar:

Keeping track of important dates on your calendar is easy when you can view 12 months of inspiring images that reflect your personal interests. Our high-quality calendar is printed on thick 100lb cover weight paper and adds impact to any room.
Each page measures 11" x 8.5"
Measures 11" x 17" when hung on wall
Full bleed dynamic color
100 lb cover weight high gloss paper, wire-o bound
January 2010 - December 2010, 2011 preview, US holidays marked

View attachment 11764

Thanks all!!

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think the best bet would be the $15 calendar and then charge $19.99 for them and get the remainder to site operating costs and any overages at that point can go to prizes back to the members.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was just thinking the same as above. The $15 would be good, and then just mark it up to 20.00 to help cover some costs for the site. However, would you then tag on shipping?

-bryan

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about a collage poster? Perhaps with the logo on the bottom or top? Might be a cheaper option than a larger calendar that flips and is binded...

I was thinking of something like this too. Just one big sheet with sort of a college of each bike and the respective month. Like you see hanging up in garages haha

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
either way, i will probably hang my in my cube at work...

This is where my SBN calendar was all year, in my cube at work. Chainzilla designed it and it was a single pic for each month with the member's name in the photo someplace. Ironically, my 2005 FZ6 was the January shot in that one. They were voted in by the members but the voting method allowed for cheating, meaning the ability to vote as many times as you wanted in a 24 hr period, per browser, per pc. Our method is much simpler and foolproof especially since we can't vote for our own pic. :D

Ok, so the smaller calendar with a $5.00 bump is the overwhelming majority. I'd like to keep it as a BOTM single pic for each month. Cafe Press doesn't do a 16 month that I can find but I'll ask them about it. They control the shipping and handling themselves. I just design and place the product for sale. Orders placed from other than my own account would get the $5.00 add-on which is then credited to me. After we've determined that everyone who wants one has made a purchase (or Jan 1, 2010 arrives), I'll post the inventory sheet with the amount of sales and then PayPal (Sales x $5.00) profit to Dennis!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
This is where my SBN calendar was all year, in my cube at work. Chainzilla designed it and it was a single pic for each month with the member's name in the photo someplace. Ironically, my 2005 FZ6 was the January shot in that one. They were voted in by the members but the voting method allowed for cheating, meaning the ability to vote as many times as you wanted in a 24 hr period, per browser, per pc. Our method is much simpler and foolproof especially since we can't vote for our own pic. :D

Yup. I remember putting one of m pictures on there. For some reason I am thinking it was between you and I one month. I had the picture with the reflection.

-bryan

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha - mine's still up! And its been June all year! :D

With the new year, I have the calendar up with just my pic showing but I intend to bring it home, unbind it and put all the pics on my home office wall. :D

Yes, Bryan, we battled for the very first month, January. :D

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any chance for a 2009 calendar using the 2008 BOTM pics???? I would definetly buy one.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in, would love to see a little $$$ go to Charity...might encoiurage me to buy more than one Calender.

:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a bit late and as Rob stated, we had only a few months of BOTM voting for '08. I'm going to bat for us and try to get a 16 month calendar and use the last 4 months of '08 for the last four of '09 as pics.

I'm kind of happy with the January pic because I was January in the SBN calendar and I got 1st place in Jan for this site. And January is my birth month! Wooohooo!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a bit late and as Rob stated, we had only a few months of BOTM voting for '08. I'm going to bat for us and try to get a 16 month calendar and use the last 4 months of '08 for the last four of '09 as pics.

I'm kind of happy with the January pic because I was January in the SBN calendar and I got 1st place in Jan for this site. And January is my birth month! Wooohooo!

I agree that this would be the best option. We may even splurge on two (one for Rob's work and one for the house). The only problem I can see is, when would the calendar come out if you have to wait until December to get the last bike of the month?

And, happy birthday then.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that this would be the best option. We may even splurge on two (one for Rob's work and one for the house). The only problem I can see is, when would the calendar come out if you have to wait until December to get the last bike of the month?

And, happy birthday then.

Maybe just put a small group of pictures from the forum together. Maybe a picture of the admin and some of the mods. Put a title over it whiching a Merry Christmas from your friendly Mod's.

Just a thought.