Taking a break, coming back better?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Hey guys,

So I've noticed two things:

1) Since I've started riding a bicycle to work, when I get on the FZ for the weekends to head to the canyons, the bike feels smaller, easier to turn and easier to control in general. I felt way safer on it, and felt overall improved and more in control.

2) After not riding for about 3 weeks in a row due to going out of town for the holidays, I got back on last night just to go to the supermarket. The bike felt amazing. I felt I could do anything on it...especially lean because the bicycle doesn't lean like it does LOL.

So does anyone else get this feeling, anyone know what the cause is or am I just a weirdo feeling awesome?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't ridden in bicycle in 6+ years so I really forget what it is like. Although, after riding larger bikes and then returning to my FZ6 it does feel great to be on a lighter bike.

SergeantG1

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't ridden a bicycle in quite a while either. But, my fiance has a V-Star 650. I've driven that then jumped on the FZ, and I feel much more stable and comfortable on the FZ.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
i hada very bad bicycle experience when i was younger, and have not felt comfortable on a bike ever since. people ask me how i can ride a motorcycle and feel safe but not a bicycle, and the simple truth is, a motorcycle can outrun a car, handles better, and feels more stable. i got a bicycle for christmas last year and went out on it once over the summer. hopefully now that i am on a back road, i will find my bum on the bicycle more often this summer, but i still think motorcycles are more stable overall.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I found that my comfort in handling the motorcycle, particularly the low-speed control, improved significantly when I started riding my bicycle to comute to and from work.

I think it's because the bicycle takes more work on your part to balance and control than the motorcycle. So when you actually get back on the motorcycle, it seems much easier!

Also, while I ride through dirt roads, gravel, mud, etc., without much thought on the bicycle, I've never been very comfortable doing that on the motorcycle. However I've found that the more I do it on the bicycle, the easier it is on the motorcycle. Still don't like gravel though....

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel safer on a bicycle for sure...I have put thousands and thousands of miles on mountain bikes over the years... I like the lightness of a bicycle, and the fact that I can ollie it a foot high if I need to at any time...easier to control, stops faster....etc.