Traffic Cops - Riding Their Luck

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody else catch this show? Was on Monday but caught it on iPlayer. Quite interesting, showing off the Forces own Busa. That last guy with the pheasant though.. ouch! :eek:

pml1967

Reaction score
Visit site
I watched it on iPlayer yesterday. Thought it was a very good program, for once showing a balanced view of bikers in the eyes of the police. Nice pair of bikes he got to ride for a living too. The pheasant thing kind of makes you wonder how you'd deal with something like that and whether your visor is up to the job! Couldn't belive the muppet doing 125mph in the Lupo only got a 42 day ban though. If ever there was a case for throwing the book at someone surely that was it.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for posting.That guy hit by the pheasant :eek: that must have hurt,imagine the damage if the visor had been up at the time of impact.Thought the dude on the bike doing over a ton was defo gunna lose his licence.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I downloaded it today and it rock! Cheers for letting us know about it. There's a nice little bit about the Busa police guy here [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DRW-0W3PpSE"]YouTube - UK Police using a Suzuki Hayabusa[/ame]

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is based at Driffield, East Yorkshire.
Last year we followed it one day in a van to a village called Wetwang where a fellow biker was sat on his bike eating his fish & chips, when the biker saw the busa he started to wave at him telling him that there was a Police radar speed trap at the other end of the village, when the busa rode past he then realised that it was copper and he just sat with his head in his fish & chips shaking his head. :rof:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for posting.That guy hit by the pheasant :eek: that must have hurt,imagine the damage if the visor had been up at the time of impact.Thought the dude on the bike doing over a ton was defo gunna lose his licence.
The pheasant does suck a bit on two accounts:

1.Technically the rider can't keep the pheasent for the pot.
2. He was so close to becoming an imprint on that tree.

He is one unlucky lucky rider.

Nelly

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The pheasant does suck a bit on two accounts:

1.Technically the rider can't keep the pheasent for the pot.
2. He was so close to becoming an imprint on that tree.

He is one unlucky lucky rider.

Nelly

Pheasants and pigeon's are dumb! I once had a pigeon sitting in the middle of the road in front of me when riding along at about 40mph. It completely ignored me until I used the horn (hard). Then it started flying away from me - in the direction I was riding - at a slower speed than I was!!! I had to actually duck down or it would have hit me in the face (I couldn't slow too much as there was a car right behind me). I be the insurance report would have been fun to fill out if I'd crashed because of it. "Accident caused by pigeon to face" ;)

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it on TV. I drive and ride the roads that he patrols on a regular basis, it's on my work route.

I don't see the police all that often and have to be honest when I have been stopped for 'shuffling' along I've not been given a ticket and just been warned not to do it again. It's about safety, not a money collection scheme. Having said that I don't speed through villages, only on the open roads where there is plenty of visibility. I've been tripping up and down there now for 7 years and haven't seen that many speed traps, nor do I have any points. I don't recall seeing a speed trap at all last year.

On the other hand I do think pheasants aren't particularly bright. They commit suicide on my car quite regularly. I've seen a group of them fly at my mates bike, from the side of the road quite clearly straight at his legs. which made him jump and slow down for a fair few miles. Not the smartest birds on the planet.

B

bluenova

Is it just me who thinks the Hayabusa is not really suitable for a police bike? Yes it's very fast in a streight line but it's not the most nimble of bikes.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it is, but they have radio's - much faster than any bike that can be bought. :ban:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me who thinks the Hayabusa is not really suitable for a police bike? Yes it's very fast in a streight line but it's not the most nimble of bikes.

gotta be better than the Pan-Europeans and beemers they use where i live

they got a KTM off road division be me too..they have more fun than the kids they supposed to be pulling :D

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site