leather suits??

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused:

first of all i want to start by saying to everyone happy new year, may this year be better for everyone and with less tickets too!:rockon:

million dollar question: im trying finally to get a leather suit, although i want to get a two piece suit cause i heard it is more comfortable than a one piece suit, so i wanted to know if anyone knows where i can get a bang for my buck, cause i really can not afford 600 or more for a suit cause the difference of that money is going for mods for my bike.

so any suggestions, web pages or places i can get for this are very welcome!

:welcome:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
cycle gear

newenough.com

sportbiketrackgear.com

2-piece in more convenient for the street (taking breaks, bathroom, using the jacket only, etc.). a 1-piece is more comfortable once you've got it on, IMO....mine fits like a glove.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Planning to do a number of trackdays this year so I sprung for 2 piece from Joe Rocket that UPS is supposed to deliver to my home today. About 550.00 delivered. I get back to dallas from the bay area on Friday, i'll let you know about the fit and quality when I get a chance to see the final product. I had gone and tried on some JR, alpinestars and dianese (very pricey but very nice) stuff to gauge the size and then ordered from kneedraggers.com. Would have bought local but none had them in stock.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so i'll update now that I have the suit and have tried it on. THe quality is excellent, perhaps a little on the heavy side but the seams and armor are great and the two pieces fit together nicely with the full circumference zipper. As for fit, the jacket is perfect, the pants are a little large in the waist but on the bike the fit is great and when zipped it is all good. Took it for a short test drive and like the vents and fit was very good and comfortable. overall, very nice for the price, quality and construction look first rate!! Very happy with the purchase and ready to get to the track ASAP. BTW, I am 6'1" and weigh about 205-210. I went with a sz 50 primarily focusing on getting the jacket size right.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
i'd rather have a heavy suit with thicker leather than a thin leather that feels like pleather :thumbup:

It is a little heavier than the 1 pieces I looked at but I am with you, it may only be piece of mind but the suit weight certainly inspires confidence that it will protect in the unfortunate event it is needed!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a two piece Dainese that I bought 4 years ago. Got the jacket in Frankfurt and the pants in Helsinki. The nice thing is being able to wear the jacket on its own if necessary and being able to take it off at stops. I paid 550 Euro for the set and it has been well worth it.

scud.jpg

No that's not me :)