Dainese Ice-X D-Dry Gloves

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a pair of the above gloves mainly as they weren't like boxing gloves and so I could actually feel the grips. Anyway I have had these gloves for less than 3 months and basically the gloves have started to deteriorate after very little use. They have not been slid on down the road nor been in any kind of accident. I am a mature rider, not a muppet.

I have contacted my local Dainese dealer and pretty much they are accepting no responsibility for the gloves. I sent them for inspection as requested. First of all I got a reply from a snotty chick stating they were only meant for ice climbing and snow use. This is absolute bull.
I got back in touch with the dealer and proved with a snapshot from the Dainese website they were in fact for motorcycle usage only. And now it seems because I received the gloves as a birthday present and do not have the reciept at hand for them they are being, well, awkward about who is to blame or better still who should accept responsibility for the poor quality of the gloves.

If anyone out there could give me a heads up of what I should do next I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I've carefully looked over your grim story. It sounds very depressing to have a birthday gift let you down, especially from a renowned motorcycle-gear company.

(I've noticed this message on MCN as well; wow! This problem sounds really severe indeed)

There are 3 ways you can handle this:

1) Talk to the DAINESE company again. Tell them the gloves were a birthday gift and you'd hate to see them discarded, because of a minor flaw. Inquire about a repair order.

2) Get a tailor to repair them for you. I'm pretty sure you could find someone that's suitable for the job. Who knows, maybe they can make them even more durable.

3) Sell them as is. You'll find a buyer if you look hard enough.

---It's rather unfortunate that this should happen to you. Please, keep us informed about the company's decision about this. Many people are interested in how DAINESE handles customer service.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Talk to Dainese directly and tell them the dealer is refusing to help you with a warranty issue. They should investigate and threaten to pull their products from the dealer.

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
i already sent them back to my nearest dealer and they promptly returned them saying they were beyond repair.

I think i will get in touch with Dainese directly and see what they can do about the basically pi** poor service i have received.

cheers guys

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
so after 2 months and sending the gloves back to the place i bought them from again, they sent them directly to Dainese.it. woot new pair of gloves finally arriving.

result. just goes to show dont give up and you get replacement

:rockon: