Has anybody got any experience with Powerbronze Farings?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Has anybody got any experience with Powerbronze Fairings?
I would like to hear about fit, general quality etc.

Im strongly considering this lower faring:

fz6sa-albums-tech-stuff-picture2235-lower-fairing-powerbronze.jpg

As the Pound is weak right now its quite a bargain at 160£ ......

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that looks cool as hell! You'll get the "should have bought a R6 if you wanted a fared bike", but try riding a R6 for 700 miles in a day! I say go for it, and give us a report.:D

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been considering getting a lower fairing since i bought my bike. That totally changes the look of the bike but it still looks sweet!

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So ....; the latest development in my Fairing purchase is that:

On 6th of January PowerBronze shipped.
On 9th of January DPD delivered the Package (At the wrong house)
On 19th of January I write PowerBronze to get a status on the shipment.
They tell me its shipped, and delivered and I get in contact with DPD (The freight company).
Today DPD then call me, tell me that the package was dropped off 10 houses down the street, and wants to know if I could go there and ask for it .............
I tell DPD that it's not really my problem that they delivered in the wrong place, and that they should figure this out themselves!
So right now I'm waiting for them to call me back (And most likely say that the package is lost) ..........

So my advice right now (I'm kinda pissed about this) is to avoid DPD at all cost!!
It's human to make mistakes and drop the package the wrong place, - but asking me to fix their mistake ............. that's just BAD customer service.

Update will follow.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
You should go down ten houses, pick up your parts (I doubt they want them unless that also have a fz6 but if they did you would know them by name) tell DPD to pay you for the parts they lost and then you have free fairings!

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
You should go down ten houses, pick up your parts (I doubt they want them unless that also have a fz6 but if they did you would know them by name) tell DPD to pay you for the parts they lost and then you have free fairings!

:) Well,- problem with that is that the house in question is being demolished ...,- So the box is most likely inside the wheel bearings of a bulldozer by now ...:(

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
you should search sportbikes network, alot more people have gotten the powerbronze fairing and chin fairing, there is a ebay person who sells them as well, majority of the response is its really cheap, you will be lucky if the two pieces actually lined up and get the bolt through, wavex on sbn used to have a black powerbronze underbelly pan, PM him he can tell you about it... not lining up, crappy plastic/workmanship/ quality its just not there. Sorry but i came across this thread to late to help you out. I think it looks nice in pictures, but i remember another person saying up close it looks really bad, you can really see the seam where the 2 pieces come together... bad that is justhat i heard, maybe the quality has went up?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
you should search sportbikes network, alot more people have gotten the powerbronze fairing and chin fairing, there is a ebay person who sells them as well, majority of the response is its really cheap, you will be lucky if the two pieces actually lined up and get the bolt through, wavex on sbn used to have a black powerbronze underbelly pan, PM him he can tell you about it... not lining up, crappy plastic/workmanship/ quality its just not there. Sorry but i came across this thread to late to help you out. I think it looks nice in pictures, but i remember another person saying up close it looks really bad, you can really see the seam where the 2 pieces come together... bad that is justhat i heard, maybe the quality has went up?

I'll make a full write-up once (IF) I get em.
(And include close up photos :) )

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if anyone noticed this, but you have a 2008 bike and that is the 04-06 fairings... If you can get them to fit then i am definitely looking forward to seeing that, but i think that they will not work out.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if anyone noticed this, but you have a 2008 bike and that is the 04-06 fairings... If you can get them to fit then i am definitely looking forward to seeing that, but i think that they will not work out.

From under his avatar:

Bike: Yamaha FZ6SA 2006

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com

nevermind, i saw his join date in 2008 and thought that it was the bikes year... I am a bit under the weather and not overly observant.

:) No problem, - also if you look at the Ava, - you will see that the indicators are integrated in the upper fairing, - from 07 and forward they are mounted below :)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Well; at least Prowerbronze UK has an excellent customer service. Got this from them (Powerbronze) today:

Thank you very very much for all your efforts, we understand that this is not your fault.

I have arranged for a full replacement of your order and have changed the address to read correctly, as soon as I have the tracking details I will email you immediately.

Last edited: