2 new for christmas

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Christmas was kind to me, my girlfriend bought me my first plane and boat, i have 7 cars and thought i needed mmore toys. Plane is only a 3 channel electrafun, but has a 4 channel radio, flew it 2 days ago straight up a tree, a bit windy i think, but no damage. Boat is a mini rio, about 12 inchs long, took it up the river while away, and geez did it give me the sh*ts, 6 hours trying to get up and moving, sat heavy in the water and would not go anywhere. Pulled all the radio and motor and tested power and couldnt find anything. Finally moved water pick up which only stuck in the water 1/8 inch, what a difference, got up and went like a rocket. Only wish the 1100mah was twice as big but hey this is a great little boat.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool, and also need pics.

I want to get an RC boat as i moved to a lake community in the fall and would actually have a place to use it.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
man... I always wanted an RC boat. I remember when I was about 10 my cousin had one that would run at about 50mph.

That christmas I got an RC hovercraft. My dad took me to the lake (it was probably about 33 degrees outside). Put the hovercraft in the water and it quickly got outside of radio range. My dad wouldn't let me get in the water to get it and it was quickly lost... mom wasn' thappy about that one :(

glad you were luckier with your boat haha :) Sounds awesome and you should get a lot of enjoyment out of them both. :thumbup: to the g/f

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's too funny Aussie, here it was -25°C New Years day but we managed some boating too.

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool boats bd43... Question, do you get much airflow at the indoor pool for the boat in the first pic? :rof:

Come on Jules, ya gotta post the pics, don't bait us like that and leave us hanging???

:)

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool boats bd43... Question, do you get much airflow at the indoor pool for the boat in the first pic? :rof:

Come on Jules, ya gotta post the pics, don't bait us like that and leave us hanging???

:)

In search of a fan, no luck, had to send the speedster out to get the sailboat. :disapprove:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
her are a couple, the plane is a definate first timer, prop at thye rear bugger all body so side winds hopefully dont upset it too much, and a compare shoy so you can see how small the boat is, also a shot of the troublesome water pick up.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6kdtKaCCs"]YouTube - 026[/ame]Heres a quick video this is stock if you look on you tube at moded ones wow.