NEW: Cee Bailey's Winscreens for 2007+ FZ6

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been working with Cee Bailey's to develop a windscreen for the FZ6. Sorry, these are only for the 2007+ models as the earlier models were injection molded.

I have used Cee Bailey's windscreens for many of my other bikes and have always been impressed with their quality. I sent them an email in August asking if they would offer a windscreen for the newer FZ6's. That is how I "volunteered" to be the test dummy.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the two models. One has the domed top profile, the other is the Euro cut. The ones shown are 8 inches taller than stock (23" from bottom to top) and are 16.5" wide. I have not had a chance to road test either screen since I live in Indiana and the wind chill is -21 deg F. I am told they will be released in Jan '09 with +4, +6, +8(shown), and +10 heights.

I will post my road test results once the weather improves.

No, I don't work for Cee Bailey's I am just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Will they make a smoked windscreen? I like the little flip at the top of the screen. That would seem better to throw the wind over the top better. I do have the Puig which I like but could be a hair taller. Let us know how the tests turn out. :rockon:

F

FZSex

Looks a lil better than my VERY LOVED cal sci screen, a lil shorter though - and it needs a hole to get rid of the back pressure behind the shield.

More options for our 6, not a bad thing :thumbup:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Will they make a smoked windscreen? I like the little flip at the top of the screen. That would seem better to throw the wind over the top better. I do have the Puig which I like but could be a hair taller. Let us know how the tests turn out. :rockon:

Yes, they offer a variety of tints for windscreens.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
it needs a hole to get rid of the back pressure behind the shield.

The 07+ has a vent built into the fairing, the bottom edge of the screen doesn't seal to the fairing there's a gap between them. This should cut down on the turbulence on the 04 - 06 models with the sealed screen.

Last edited:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a CalSci screen and was not happy with it at all. It was too close my head and was louder than the stock screen. The quality and fit was very poor.

I can't wait to give these a try.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the huge +11 (inches taller than stock) Calsci, after initially trying the slightly less huge +9.5". The +9.5 was creating helmet roar noise (but I think that was partially due to my helmet also), and with the +11 it is reduced - but still, I find earplugs necessary for the ride to be comfortable. They key is to get the turbulent wind over the top of the visor. That little lip on these may help accomplish that. Clunk and I corresponded on this topic extensively, and he got as quiet as could be hoped for with a +11 Calsci and a laminar lip on top of that. The laminar lip lifts the turbulent air a few inches higher. Maybe this model will do that without the need for the lip. Will be interested to hear how you like it.

The Calsci has a little air-intake hole at the base on the shield, even though the nose of it is not flush on the 07 model. This prevents a vaccum from developing behind the shield, which pulls in turbulence. This shield may have that problem, even on the 07 model.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I like it. I currently have a CalSci 9.5" and I like it other than the roaring noise (wind clips the top of my helmet at ear-level).

I was thinking about going up to the 11" for longer trips, but this new one might be the ticket (looks a bit nicer).

What we really need is a direct comparison of some sort...... I'm not sure I have the $170 to do it.

Last edited:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I like it. I currently have a CalSci 9.5\" and I like it other than the roaring noise (wind clips the top of my helmet at ear-level).

I was thinking about going up to the 11\" for longer trips, but this new one might be the ticket (looks a bit nicer).

What we really need is a direct comparison of some sort...... I'm not sure I have the $170 to do it.

Well, hopefully the weather will be cooperate over the next few days so I can at least go for a short spin. I had the Calsci +9.5 so I can give my opinion on the two. I too, noticed the roaring sound with the Calsci. I hope this one does not have it also.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a chance to go for a short 25 mile ride today to test the two Cee Bailey's screens.

Compared to the +9.5" Calsci, big improvement. Quieter, and the air that hit my helmet was clean and did not cause any buffeting. The air was hitting just above may face shield. For the record I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam. The screens I have are +8" over stock height.

My guess is the +10 would send the air over my helmet, or just hit the top. I tried both CeeBailey's screens (dome, euro cut), but could not really detect a difference between the two in air flow or buffetting in only 25 miles of riding. The temperature was 45 deg F and the wind was blowing 20-25 mph.

With this short test, I feel confident the Cee Bailey's screen is a HUGE improvement vs. the stock screen, and a definite improvement vs. the Calsci +9.5".:thumbup:

More to come when the weather improves.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a chance to go for a short 25 mile ride today to test the two Cee Bailey's screens.

Compared to the +9.5\" Calsci, big improvement. Quieter, and the air that hit my helmet was clean and did not cause any buffeting. The air was hitting just above may face shield. For the record I am 6'1\" with a 34\" inseam. The screens I have are +8\" over stock height.

My guess is the +10 would send the air over my helmet, or just hit the top. I tried both CeeBailey's screens (dome, euro cut), but could not really detect a difference in air flow or buffetting in only 25 miles of riding. The temperature was 45 deg F and the wind was blowing 20-25 mph.

With this short test, I feel confident the Cee Bailey's screen is a HUGE improvement vs. the stock screen, and a definite improvement vs. the Calsci +9.5\".:thumbup:

More to come when the weather improves.

Thanks for the report and taking the initiative to make this happen. I think it is really cool when a Forum Member steps up and takes on a project for the greater good of the FZ6 community.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I'll be ordering a new windscreen..... Even a small improvement will make a big difference on long trips.

Thanks for your comments!

Edit: I just noticed that they have the 'Euro cut' photo on their homepage (announcing the new windshield), but it appears that the 'dome cut' is shown on the ordering page. Any idea which one they're going with? I'm hoping it's the 'dome' version.....looks better.

Last edited:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I'll be ordering a new windscreen..... Even a small improvement will make a big difference on long trips.

Thanks for your comments!

Edit: I just noticed that they have the 'Euro cut' photo on their homepage (announcing the new windshield), but it appears that the 'dome cut' is shown on the ordering page. Any idea which one they're going with? I'm hoping it's the 'dome' version.....looks better.

I was told both styles would be available. They told me the 'dome' style is the most popular. I will ask my contact to verify.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Just talked to Joe at Cee Bailey's. He said his boss has the final say on which style(s) will be offered. He sounded confident they will offer the "dome" cut.

He is supposed to talk to the boss and he will let me know.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again!!

I just called them and they told me that it would be the dome cut (I happened to phone right as I was checking this site).

So I couldn't help myself.....I ordered one in the largest size (19"x24") It's only money, right? :eek:

They said I should have it in about a week. Of course I won't be riding again for about 2 1/2 months (so I suppose I won't have a chance to return it if I don't like it...likely not my brightest decision).

I will try to take pics of it in direct comparison to the stock/CalSci shields if it gets here before I leave on a trip on the 8th.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. It sounds like the largest size (+9") will be about the same height as my CalSci (depending on how they measure height), but I'm hoping that the upswept top will make things a little quieter. It looks a bit nicer and seems like a better fit than my CalSci in any case.

It's good to have options.

Edit: I also got a nice email from Joe (same guy you've been talking with I think). Apparently the expedited my windshield and sent it TODAY! I just got the FedEx shipping info and it should arrive here on January 6th. Looks like I've got the first production model for their 'touring' screen. Woot!

They've also fixed their website so that only the 'dome' version shows now, although they told me via email they could make a Euro version if I wanted it.....I opted for the 'dome'.

Last edited: