AXIO tail bag review

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link for purchase if you so choose.AXIO Tailbag [Forsyth Moto]

Last Christmas (2007) I recieved an axio tail bag as a gift from the parents. This tailbag is a perfect solution for the afternoon outings and day trips! It also works well for the commuter as well. It is a very well built bag that holds just the right amount.

I have the one that looks like Carbon Fiber, but that have many others. I was afraid that the colors wouldnt match the Yamaha OEM paint.

IMG_9811.jpg

It has a hard outer case that is pretty scratch resistant. with a soft bottom and sides that is easy on the bike paint.

IMG_9812.jpg

The front part of the bag is padded as you can see. While its not much of a support, it can be used sometimes when strecthing.

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9815.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

It has two long velcro staps up front. These straps are half and half, meaning the top half of the strap is the thicker velco, and the second half is the thin kind. One the back of the bag there are two shorter straps that one is the thin and the other is the thick. (hopefully that makes since)

There is also, as you can see a good sized reflective strip on the back of the bag for added visibility.

Not shown is the hidden shoulder stap that is in the rear of the bag in a zip up pouch. It can be connected to one of the 4 D links on the bag. I personally have never used this stap, but I see where it would have its uses. I have thought about removing it, however it is sewn to the bag at one end.

IMG_9818.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

The inside is layed out pretty well. On the top half of the bag is two pouches. One for your sunglasses ,saftey goggles or phone. The other is a nice size that I normally keep my keys, wallet and any papers I might need.

The lower part has a nice buckle system, one like you find in most suit cases. The compartment works perfect for holding my DLSR with a 28-135 lense and sunhood. In addition to this I normally carry a longsleeve shirt (rolled up and placed on a side) and a small folding map. Also, I will put my filters in there was well. The matterial the zippers are attached to stretches pretty well, so you can stuff it full.

Now for the attachement. You'll love this!

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg

I simply take the two long straps and wrap them under the seat, behind the rear latch. Using the two available D links up front this is easly done and very secured. This covers up the bannana seat nicely, and gives a more flowing look to the bike as well. I might add that there are other ways of attaching this if the bag would need to come off on a regular basis and pulling the seat off and on isnt high on the list.

IMG_9827.jpg

Once the seat is on, the two shorter straps are connected to each other after first going around the rear grab bar supports.

I have been using this bag for almost a year now and I must say this is by far my most favored bag. Its great for the day outings when your running solo and stores just the right amount of stuff without being too large.

In addition to this I also use it when packing for a long weekend. I will use the longer straps to attach the bag ontop of my large Nelson Rigg tail bag. I use it yet again to hold my camera, keys, wallet, maps, etc. Things that are needed the most.

The velcro has started to loose some of its grip its seems after a year of use. However I only notice it when I attach it atop my tail bag. This was quickly fixed by using a large saftey pin through each side to keep the peice from sliding.

Overall, its a great bag. It works great and looks good as well. I highly recommend it!

-bryan

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great bag... now I wish I had bought that instead of the seat cowl... :-|

good write up and great photos.

Speaking of photos... I assume that whatever is mounted on your handlebar matches the antenna in the rear? Is that a FMS/GMRS radio? What iiizzzz it?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great bag... now I wish I had bought that instead of the seat cowl... :-|

good write up and great photos.

Speaking of photos... I assume that whatever is mounted on your handlebar matches the antenna in the rear? Is that a FMS/GMRS radio? What iiizzzz it?

Its a J&M intercom system. It also has a CB and weather radio (thats what the antenna is for). Great set up. You can see more about itHere
Just scroll down a bit.

-bryan

F

FZSex

If they had that same style but bigger, I wouldn't have gotten a top case, not bad at all if you dont need much room.

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice write up Bryan, almost wish I hadn't ordered a Cortech Tailbag. But I think the extra room will me nice. I got a chance to race Slashes at Carolinas RC a week ago, had a blast. And heard Derrick's getting married too.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice write up Bryan, almost wish I hadn't ordered a Cortech Tailbag. But I think the extra room will me nice. I got a chance to race Slashes at Carolinas RC a week ago, had a blast. And heard Derrick's getting married too.

Yea the Slashes are really taking off. They are really the main group now adays for the indoor stuff. It was smart move on jon half to get a few as rentals...

And yea, Derek put ring on Jess's finger. Not sure on the dates yet, or at least I havent heard.

-bryan

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Very good writeup. I was just looking at one of these but did not know how good it would fit on an FZ6. I think you helped me make up my mind. :rolleyes:

Marc

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have one of the Axio tail bags (not the carbon fiber finish). Just wanted to share a picture I took yesterday while getting the "essentials" for a friend's birthday.
Perfect fit !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought this bag from a fellow member yesterday. I love it so far. Im going to get a tiny lock for the zippers. I will post a pic tomorrow

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are my pics. Mine is used and faded but still in perfect working condition and i think very useful and looks great.

Just bought some luggage locks to put on the zipper since i dont plan on taking this on and off.

OH ONE OBSERVATION, im short and you really have to get used to lifting your leg over this thing LOL. Almost fell off the first time i got off and forgot it was there :spank: my leg got caught on the bag........

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice write up, thanks for sharing.

One question - is this bag large enough to fit an iPad?

Edit: I should try harder before I ask. I found the measurements and it looks like it should have no problem fitting an iPad. My wife was just asking me the other day what I would like for Christmas... now I have her answer!

Last edited: