Well, Pazzo fell through... ASV anyone?

Do an ASV group buy? or call it quits...

• ASV....

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Call it quits...

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the pazzo deal fell through, got the email from him with a FWD from pazzo saying how he will be blacklisted and such, so thats over. Someone here, or in SBN ratted it out. which is ubergay, but oh well... Should i look for an ASV group buy? or just call it quits?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, you can try :) I'm definitely interested. If you decide to try I think you should contact ASV directly and hear what they can offer..

robbijer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thanks again for the effort. I am still interested in getting some levers if the price is good. So if you feel like trying to make it work I am sure some people will be interested.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Though I was in the midst of trying to convince myself when the deal fell through, I, and I'm sure everyone else, want to thank you for the effort. You did a fine job working the deal, regardless.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
That really makes me wish I hadn't recently bought Pazzo's. If I was buying now, I would only buy a different brand. I won't be recommending Pazzo's to anyone I know.:spank:

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Screw Pazzos. Given the economic conditions today and even worse forecast for 2009 into 2010, you would think they entertain any organized enthusiast group offers.

On the other hand, it would not be fair to all mom and pop and internet vendors who are playing by Pazzo's MRP agreements.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on contacting ASV directly, they are an american company(I don't think Pazzo is) which might make a difference.

I plan on buying ASV's anyways so I'm in for the group buy.

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
+1 on contacting ASV directly, they are an american company(I don't think Pazzo is) which might make a difference.

I plan on buying ASV's anyways so I'm in for the group buy.

ASV has always been excellent to deal with directly, so as I initially suggested, check them out. Chances are they can cut alittle bit of a deal...You may pay alittle more upfront compared to pazzo/crg, but 1 fall and it's paid for itself!

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
How about Titax? I got mine from superbikesupply.com for $150 shipped. Maybe they are willing to GB.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/111333-post4.html

Online Store

DPP_0002.jpg

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if this is true, but I read somewhere that Titax is a copy of Pazzo.. Depending on the color they can also fade. Which I've seen irl at my Yamaha dealer. Due to this I'm a little skeptical towards Titax.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for me, christmas/new years time = not good time for extra money spent. if this thing was going on during the summer months of say july or august, i'd be in.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It voted yes based on the assumption that the price will be the same. If it's going to run up to $150, I'm probably going to pass.

Remember, 16 voted yes so far, which mean maybe...8 are firm.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just crash tested some asv levers!

they held up better than my leg did!

Hope you're otherwise okay!

I was intersted in upgrading levers to take some of the slop out of the levers. my stock ones have horizontal and vertical slop. there was a little ASV lever display at the bike shop that I played with today. horizontally they felt really nice. Had TONS of veritical play in them though. Not sure if that's the nature of them, they weren't adjusted properly, or the fact that they were a display that they got way more use than they'd ever see on a bike.

So my question is... are they sloppy?

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Hope you're otherwise okay!

I was intersted in upgrading levers to take some of the slop out of the levers. my stock ones have horizontal and vertical slop. there was a little ASV lever display at the bike shop that I played with today. horizontally they felt really nice. Had TONS of veritical play in them though. Not sure if that's the nature of them, they weren't adjusted properly, or the fact that they were a display that they got way more use than they'd ever see on a bike.

So my question is... are they sloppy?

They were definitely NOT sloppyat all....hopefully still not, but i haven't seen the bike since the wreck, ill let you know lol.

they were tight, and honestly, the best feeling levers i've used...I work in a shop, so I see tons of CRG and Pazzo...I'ld choose asv every day

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They were definitely NOT sloppyat all....hopefully still not, but i haven't seen the bike since the wreck, ill let you know lol.

they were tight, and honestly, the best feeling levers i've used...I work in a shop, so I see tons of CRG and Pazzo...I'ld choose asv every day

The display at the shop must have just been setup wrong in the shop or abused in a non-designed way lol.

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for a group buy!

Don't know if this is true, but I read somewhere that Titax is a copy of Pazzo..

Well, I was at Mach 1 Motorsports in Costa Mesa, talking to them about levers, and they recommend CRG. When i asked whether Pazzo's were a good alternative, they said the Pazzo's were a copy of the CRG's, and that I would basically be supporting pirate companies. I don't know if this is true but after comparing photos of them side by side, i see what they mean.

So, if Pazzo is having problems, maybe they're lack of design skills has something to do with it? :ban:

In the end, i'll probably go with the ASV's because of their reputation and for this.....

"Guaranteed Not To Break
All ASV levers include a guarantee against breakage. That's right, you break your ASV lever, we replace it! No charge, No catch, No excuses. If you damage your ASV lever, we will fix it or replace it. If you are not happy with your lever for any reason, we will do what ever it takes to make you happy. We have the best guarantee in the business and back it up in writing. No other lever manufacturer offers this incredible guarantee. Customer service is our top priority. We are not satisfied until you are completely happy with our product." :thumbup:
Can't beat that!ASV Inventions Unbreakable Levers

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for a group buy!

Well, I was at Mach 1 Motorsports in Costa Mesa, talking to them about levers, and they recommend CRG. When i asked whether Pazzo's were a good alternative, they said the Pazzo's were a copy of the CRG's, and that I would basically be supporting pirate companies. I don't know if this is true but after comparing photos of them side by side, i see what they mean.

So, if Pazzo is having problems, maybe they're lack of design skills has something to do with it? :ban:

In the end, i'll probably go with the ASV's because of their reputation and for this.....

"Guaranteed Not To Break
All ASV levers include a guarantee against breakage. That's right, you break your ASV lever, we replace it! No charge, No catch, No excuses. If you damage your ASV lever, we will fix it or replace it. If you are not happy with your lever for any reason, we will do what ever it takes to make you happy. We have the best guarantee in the business and back it up in writing. No other lever manufacturer offers this incredible guarantee. Customer service is our top priority. We are not satisfied until you are completely happy with our product." :thumbup:
Can't beat that!ASV Inventions Unbreakable Levers

That's why I ended up buying my ASV levers. Plus they look cool. I'm happy with them. I don't think I'd have bought them had I not damaged one of the stock levers though.

flamewulfe

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently, I've got the hands of a hobbit, so the clutch on my Fizzer is a bit of a stretch for me . . . one of the few things I miss about my Gixxer: closer clutch engagement! So count me in on the group buy for the ASVs, if it goes down.

And someone explain to my Supermotarded friend that the adjustment we already have on our clutch isn't for bringing the lever closer to the handlebar, its for the free play at the end of its travel . . .