Question for those who have gone naked...

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you out there have some tips/tricks for hiding wires? I have a fairly big bundle of wire that will not fit behind my new headlight and I'm trying to keep the stock wiring harness together without modification.....

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
When I did mine I did not want to cut the harness before I new that I liked it. What I did was strip the harness of the factory casing making it easier to shape it the way I needed, then I used wire harness wrapping that can be bought at any auto parts. I wrapped it tight and tucked it up against the light.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good idea. Would you happen to have any pictures of how it turned out?

Thanks,
Nick

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ya go! I actually plan on cutting it up this weekend, and cleaning it up a little more. I have no plan on putting the fairing back on!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I removed all the wrapping tape and cut about 12-14 inches out. Just solder the wires together and use heat-shrink sleeves (and tape off to moisture seal) to make it nice and tidy. :thumbup: It's a little more work but it makes it so much cleaner.

Note: don't forget to slide one end of the wire into the heat shrink sleeve before soldering. Can't tell you how many times I've done that. :banghead:

W

wrightme43

I just rolled it in a loop and clamped it man. I am a strange person though.

W

wrightme43

Nothing close up but these should work, they were tiny thumbnails though so I hope they are good enough.

W

wrightme43

maybe this one will go thru man.

If not I give up. Normally I am in a good mood and try to help out, but f it today. My family sucks so freaking bad. I am just f-ing disgusted with everthing today.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe this one will go thru man.

If not I give up. Normally I am in a good mood and try to help out, but f it today. My family sucks so freaking bad. I am just f-ing disgusted with everthing today.

Oh man, that's hot. I may just have to go naked after all. I already have one naked bike though... oh the choices I have to make in life!

Are those the Aztec8 headlights? I put some on my GS500 and the bulbs keep burning out. I wonder if it's related to vibration or if it's electrical because I now have two 60/55W bulbs whereas before I had only one.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want a clean look, but still want to be able to return to stock, just find a harness off a wrecked bike to chop up. You'll be glad you did. :D

fz1bar3.jpg

fz1bar4.jpg

Last edited: