Houston Traffic

Reaction score
Visit site
Car's still in the shop, so I rode ‘Ol Blue’ to work again. One thing about it; 610 from I-10 to I-45 will definitely wake you up. Six lanes wide and commuters changing 4 lanes at a time. Here I am cruising at 85, being passed by quad cab duelies who immediately pull in front of me, and semi’s chuffing up the bridge while changing lanes. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention merging traffic at I-10/610, 610/225e, 225w/610, and 610/45/35. The 35 exit part takes me under 45, with the turn to 45s feeder being a 90 degree left hand decreasing radius turn which, if not turned continually steeper, will take Ol’Blue (and me) into the curb with a strip of sand 5’ wide at the curb, so I can’t use that part either. And all of this before daybreak. (whew)

I think I need a cigarette (even without the habit) and a shot!

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I lived in Houston ( east, San Jacinto area) from 1977 to 1980. The traffic was horrific back then, I can't imagine what it would be like now! I knew several people who had "commuter cars" they would drive to work. They had nice cars when driving about town, but had a cheap beat up car they would commute to work in. They didn't worry too much about how many dents people would put in that ride. I worked downtown and almost always rode the bus instead of driving.

So, be very, very careful!!!!!

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to go through Dallas and Houston to get to my folks house in Missouri City, and you couldn't pay me enough to live in either city. The traffic is horrible at anytime of day not just rush hour.