"Rain Helmet"

L

Lucky

What does it mean?
People use "Rain Helmet" for a wet season. What is a difference with "regular"?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
What does it mean?
People use "Rain Helmet" for a wet season. What is a difference with "regular"?

This is what I use when it's really bad ;)

helmet.jpg

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
??

I use a fulmer orbit full face helmet. It has a face shield. It is snell rated so its safe. I had the opertunity to ride in the rain, and it was a coming down good. My face never got wet. what exactly do you mean rain helmet? i didnt have any trouble out of mine.

L

Lucky

As you know - during the rain a visor getting fog up immediately.

Is there a kind of helmet that doesn't have effect of "fogging up".
I don't know if it's special design of helmet or if the visor has a special treatment.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
lucky?>

my helmet has various air inlets to allow circulation inside the helmet, I never had trouble with the shield fogging when riding. if I had to stop I would just pop the visor up one notch. do you ride a lot, or ever ride in the rain?

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
how good are those rain repellant products? have been thinking about putting a layer on my visor

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how good are those rain repellant products? have been thinking about putting a layer on my visor
It depends on how heavy the rain is, I have used various products with limited success. The best thing I have used in the rain is an old pair of frank thomas gloves that had a smaller wiper blade on each thumb.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As you know - during the rain a visor getting fog up immediately.

Is there a kind of helmet that doesn't have effect of "fogging up".
I don't know if it's special design of helmet or if the visor has a special treatment.
HJC helmets come with a fog free visor, it lasts about three months. Pretty good though.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
The other thing that works for the outside of the shield is just get your head a little closer to the bikes wind shield and the air swirling there will just blow it off.:thumbup:

L

Lucky

my helmet has various air inlets to allow circulation inside the helmet, I never had trouble with the shield fogging when riding. if I had to stop I would just pop the visor up one notch. do you ride a lot, or ever ride in the rain?
I ride lots and in different weather.

L

Lucky

The other thing that works for the outside of the shield is just get your head a little closer to the bikes wind shield and the air swirling there will just blow it off.:thumbup:

It depends on how heavy the rain is, I have used various products with limited success. The best thing I have used in the rain is an old pair of frank thomas gloves that had a smaller wiper blade on each thumb.

I'm having a problem with fog inside a helmet.

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
good system that fog city insert specially in the light reactive one - reccomended in freezing temps used one for years although my 3/4 jet helmets do not require them :p