touring fourums??

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
im planning a six month long trip starting a year from now and am looking for info and possibly looking for partners.

anyone know a good long distance touring forum or bulletin board, or even any sites/blogs with information?

thanks

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
You might also want to check Sport-Touring.Net. Seems to be a very active forum with a little bit of everything on it.

Another site I've blown many hours on: Pashnit.com. His site has amazing photos, ride reports, trip reports, and lots of general advice for planning your own trips and such.

Be safe!

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
A 6 month trip starting in December. Where are you at?

You feel like sharing any plans on this? Sounds interesting.

-bryan

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a site with a few routes on it, bestridingroads OK it seems to be more popular in europe but it still has quite a few routes in the states, maybe you could combine a few on your trip.

Have fun planning your trip :thumbup:

Last edited:

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
A 6 month trip starting in December. Where are you at?

You feel like sharing any plans on this? Sounds interesting.

im in BC, Canada.
the *rough* plan at his point is to ride the west coast all the way down to the southern tip of Chile and then back up the east coast of south america.
im just getting starting the planning now. trying to decide on a bike and whether id rather do it alone or not. im considering documenting the whole trip aswell.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im in BC, Canada.
the *rough* plan at his point is to ride the west coast all the way down to the southern tip of Chile and then back up the east coast of south america.
im just getting starting the planning now. trying to decide on a bike and whether id rather do it alone or not. im considering documenting the whole trip aswell.

Wow - sounds like an awesome experience! I will be looking forward to your postings when you are back.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
ADVrider is mostly dual-sport, but has a strong road warrior following and ride reports.

thats a plus one for ADVrider I have asked a number of questions over there and have allways got an answer just simply on the fact that the forums have some many members really at any givin time there can be 2000 people online there

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have any questions about the eastern part of the ride up through SA let me know. My dream is to ride the eastern route and I've spent some time in the Guianas. It's a place very few have ridden through since the roads aren't complete and they're very, very bad in places (e.g., you can't cross the Amazon without a boat + you'll likely need a truck to connect through Guyana to Brazil - they are building bridges and paving roads in that region though). It's a BEAUTIFUL part of the world though and the people there treat you like family.