Buell headlight bracket?

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm doing the naked conversion.
I bought; Buell XB Headlight Y0721.6AC, Buell XB Windscreen M1600.1ACMW and Buell XB Windscreen Mount M0645.1ADA from https://www.surdyke.com/

I was thinking this was all I was going to need in order to mount it. The bracket appears to be how the windscreen mounts to the lights but I don't see how I can attach this assembly to the bike without additional brackets.

Could some of you guys that have this setup show me how you did it please?

Thanks
Matt

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He built a custom mount out of bent flat bars. I was looking into getting a Buell windscreen and found some extra pictures of his setup on SBN.

Mike Thai

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm doing the naked conversion.
I bought; Buell XB Headlight Y0721.6AC, Buell XB Windscreen M1600.1ACMW and Buell XB Windscreen Mount M0645.1ADA from https://www.surdyke.com/

I was thinking this was all I was going to need in order to mount it. The bracket appears to be how the windscreen mounts to the lights but I don't see how I can attach this assembly to the bike without additional brackets.

Could some of you guys that have this setup show me how you did it please?

Thanks
Matt

So did you make it ???

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's truely a personal preference but what is really the fascination with modifing a bike to naked.

To me all that extra wind is enough for me to pass on this mod.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's truely a personal preference but what is really the fascination with modifing a bike to naked.

Multiple bikes for multiple purposes. This bike is a streetfighter now and I feel like a hooligan on it. Last season I rode a stock 05 FZ6 on all of my long distance rides. I now also have a Vstrom 650 which will probably take over for my long distance FZ6.

Mike Thai you have a PM.... Yes I made it :rockon:

First

Streetfighter.jpg

Then

cb386c4b.jpg

Still a work in progress though.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one.
For me the N version is all about the look.
I was up Boxhill,which is a meeting place for bikes in the se of England and another bloke rolled up on a faired version and while I get the idea of the extra wind protection etc,his bike just blended in with the others around it,where as people were asking questions about my naked,that was parked alongside.
Horses for courses I spose ;)

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com

Because the wind is not disturbed before it hits the rider, it's nowhere near as turbulent..... hence, much less noise and buffeting.

You'd really need to ride a bike without a fairing to understand the dynamics. I've ridden far more miles on bikes without windscreens and fairings than ones with... right at 100K without, and 25K with. I truthfully prefer no fairing.

That's comparing my '05 to other bikes I have owned and ridden extensively. Maybe the redesign in '07 made substantial improvements.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Multiple bikes for multiple purposes. This bike is a streetfighter now and I feel like a hooligan on it. Last season I rode a stock 05 FZ6 on all of my long distance rides. I now also have a Vstrom 650 which will probably take over for my long distance FZ6.

Mike Thai you have a PM.... Yes I made it :rockon:

First

Streetfighter.jpg

Damn thats hot.. Thats the first naked fz i have seen with a windscreen that looks good.. Im going buell light shopping now.. Thanks

'05FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP...about to order the three parts and I'm a little unsure about mounting. So the Buell braket mates the windscreen and headlights (make sense), then all you need is a bracket to mount that asse,bly to the forks? We have 43mm forks so that's all I need to look for to complete this?

Thanks for the help guys!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP...about to order the three parts and I'm a little unsure about mounting. So the Buell braket mates the windscreen and headlights (make sense), then all you need is a bracket to mount that asse,bly to the forks? We have 43mm forks so that's all I need to look for to complete this?

Thanks for the help guys!

Just got done with my Buell conversion and I posted a pretty detailed write up on how I did it in the conversion thread. Check it out.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/20329-conversion-thread-fz6s-fz6n-2.html#post303373

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I initially fabricated brackets out of flat stock aluminum and attached them to the top triple pinch bolts. 43mm fork brackets are really hard to find cheap and I wanted it done now. But, of course, after I got it finished, I found 43mm aluminum fork brackets for cheap!

So I swapped out the home made brackets for the aftermarket ones. You can see how mine is attached in the picture below.

And for any of you wanting 43mm fork brackets for cheap, try this link. You'll have to scroll way down the page to product #P883, but they're perfect. You WILL have to shim them with a thin piece of rubber sheeting between the fork brackets and the fork (they're 44mm out of the box). You'll also have to bend the ends outward to use the recommended mounting points on the Buell bracket (those of you that have it know it has a funky angle to it). But they work perfectly and are rock solid.

Honda Mini Trails Honda mini bikes and Honda Z50 Honda 50 Honda Minitrail NOS Parts and services Kitaco and Takegawa performance parts.