Cheapo Winter Glove Solution (Fieldsheer Overgloves)

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being too cheap to buy real winter gloves (hard to justify in Northern California where the temps don't dip below 40F very often and it doesn't rain that much), I ordered a pair of Fieldsheer Overgloves from motorcycle-superstore.com. I figured for $10.99 it was worth it to find out if they worked.

Fieldsheer Overgloves

Fit:
Buy the size you need, they run right on. I wear medium gloves but ordered the small overgloves based on a recommendation of a friend and am glad I did. Since you're putting a glove over a glove you don't want a lot of extra material. The material is super thin and I hardly notice that they are on. They group your index and middle fingers together and your pinky and ring finger together so you look like a sleestack from Land of the Lost but that's no problem for me.

Rain:
They work okay. After an hour in moderate rain at 55mph my hands were pretty darn dry. The fingertips of my gloves were damp but not soaked.

Cold:
This is where I love them! My fingers get painfully cold on my 40min, 75mph commute when the temperature is below 40F. I put these on even when it's not raining and notice a huge difference; the windproof material locks in some air which helps to insulate. Today I rode to work in 35F clear weather and my fingers were chilly at the end but not cold and certainly not painfully cold.

Overall, well worth the $10.99 I spent on them. No plans to spend money on winter gloves.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have something similar.

I also wear a very very thin pair of wool gloves under my riding gloves, they are made for that purpose and they are great.

Steve