MCN Bike Show

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the bike show in Birmingham today. Had a sit on all the latest bikes, including the new Ducati 1198 and KTM RC8. There was also a naked FZ6 in a rather fetching yellow. Here are some pics:

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
StarWars bike? Isn't that the Bat Bike from the Batman film?

I struggle to see the point of going to the NEC show any more, each year you get a little bit less for higher prices. All the new bikes will be in local dealers in a few months where you can actually go and ride them rather than just sit on them. And you can get better deals on kit and parts on e-bay.

I'm hoping to get over to the Milan show next November, by all accounts that IS a show worth going to and paying the extra for.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Never been to any bike show before so it was definately worthwhile. Plus got to sit in on a Q&A session with messrs Mackenzie, Haslam and Whitham. Oh, and I rode there - 4 degrees for 100 miles each way!!:eek:

The monster is the bat bike.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I caught an hour long programme on Eurosport last night about the show, all it seemed to be was an advert for Carole Nash.

Aren't you sposed to be able to get bargains at the trade stands at these shows?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I caught an hour long programme on Eurosport last night about the show, all it seemed to be was an advert for Carole Nash.

Aren't you sposed to be able to get bargains at the trade stands at these shows?

Yep, always quite a few stands with clothing and accessories. Lots of deals just for the show, so they say. :rolleyes:

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went last monday and was disappointed at the lack of deals on anything. I bought a litre of ACF 50 at internet prices (less the p&p so a little discount), but wanted to buy a new lid and they were the same price as local dealer. I agree with Nooj and a ride! to Milan could be a good idea for next year

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
StarWars bike? Isn't that the Bat Bike from the Batman film?

Looks like it to me Nooj.If you look behind the bike the photo on the wall is of the joker and to his right is the bat cape.

Great photos Lugs :thumbup:

yup its the bat bike :eek:

as there arent any handlebars you steer it with your shoulders apparently, bruce did say he looked at an fz6 but the lack of machine guns put him off ;)

batman-new-bike.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was trying to wangle a mid week day off with my boss. I wanted to go and meet Markyg.
My boss basically said I could go............................In my own time.
As I have no leave left that means next year:spank::spank:

Nelly

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went last monday and was disappointed at the lack of deals on anything. I bought a litre of ACF 50 at internet prices (less the p&p so a little discount), but wanted to buy a new lid and they were the same price as local dealer.

I went to the NEC last year and among other things I had in mind was a new helmet (the arai condor). I knew the list price was £249.99 and shopped around so that I got it for a straight £180.00.
Also picked up a touring screen from the Alf England stall £15.00 off, but ruined all my good work by blowing the discounts and a bit more in the Bull ring

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I went on the last day (Sunday) and near to closing, J&S were selling Shoei XR1000's for £150, shoei flip front helmets for £30 Shark and most other display helmets for £50. They had decent make boots and gloves at £20 and £10.I negotiated a deal on some Rev-it gear a £320 jacket and £170 pants for £430.I bought a Alpinestars RK-5 Goretex jacket for £160 RRP £300.
I saw Viper RSV121 flip front Bluetooth helmets at £99, RRP £149.
On the last day there were loads of deals that could have been done to save them having to load it all back up and take it back, you just had to ask.
My advice would be next year go on the last day, Ask for discount, walk away, go back later, ask again etc.:thumbup: